APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Internal Speaker very quite while phoning

OP Havoc2k

12th January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 14

214 posts
Hey there,

i have a problem since i got my One (april) but it seems to geeting worse. If i am on the phone its sometimes really hard to unterstand my partner because the speaker is so quite. I do not mean handsfree phoning, its just the internal speaker. It happens with all kinds of roms (rooted
+ s-off). Whats interesting, is that if the call is quite, and i go for handsfree it es quite as well, so i thinking about a software issue.

If i listen to musik the speaker is fine.

What could i do to search for the problem ? My phone is on the first hboot and running android 4.4 android revolution 41.0

any tips for me ?

thanks!
12th January 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
nympda meaning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2k

Hey there,

i have a problem since i got my One (april) but it seems to geeting worse. If i am on the phone its sometimes really hard to unterstand my partner because the speaker is so quite. I do not mean handsfree phoning, its just the internal speaker. It happens with all kinds of roms (rooted
+ s-off). Whats interesting, is that if the call is quite, and i go for handsfree it es quite as well, so i thinking about a software issue.

What could i do to search for the problem ? My phone is on the first hboot and running android 4.4 android revolution 41.0

any tips for me ?

thanks!

Would be interesting for me too, since i have exact the same problems with my business phone!
12th January 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,168

4,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey there,

any tips for me ?

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfury

Would be interesting for me too, since i have exact the same problems with my business phone!

Their is a feature in the phone that lowers the volume of the ringtone when you pickup the phone ... it may be interfering with normal operation ..try disabling it

it's in Settings / Sound / Quiet ring on pickup and pocket mode
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Their is a feature in the phone that lowers the volume of the ringtone when you pickup the phone ... it may be interfering with normal operation ..try disabling it

Trying that. Thanks for ur hint!
12th January 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

214 posts
Quote:

sadly this did not help
12th January 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Central Florida

4,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

sadly this did not help

well their are a couple of other things .. there's a tiny mic on the backside of the phone that tells the phone your in a loud environment and to raise and lower in call volume, theirs a tweak to override it somewhere here on the forums .. I'll look for that. EDIT Found it >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406524

The other thing is the actual speaker grill can get plugged up with debris have you tried cleaning those tiny holes ?
Last edited by clsA; 12th January 2014 at 02:15 PM.
12th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

214 posts
Quote:

well their are a couple of other things .. there's a tiny mic on the backside of the phone that tells the phone your in a loud environment and to raise and lower in call volume, theirs a tweak to override it somewhere here on the forums .. I'll look for that. EDIT Found it >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406524

The other thing is the actual speaker grill can get plugged up with debris have you tried cleaning those tiny holes ?

applied the mod. did not help as well.

I think theres really some sort of HW issue, because of all the different roms i used to use there was no changes.

maybe there is some sort of mini speaker in there with a problem, or a amplifier problem
12th January 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #8  
Flag Central Florida

4,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

applied the mod. did not help as well.

I think theres really some sort of HW issue, because of all the different roms i used to use there was no changes.

maybe there is some sort of mini speaker in there with a problem, or a amplifier problem

I just read the whole thread ..seems that fix is not working on kitkat

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread