5,603,591 Members 36,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warning

Tip us?

kc3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yeah anyone that's going to be modding phones should get used to not accepting ota updates, luckily it doesn't take long until roms are updated

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Demonlinx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc3 View Post
Yeah anyone that's going to be modding phones should get used to not accepting ota updates, luckily it doesn't take long until roms are updated

So will updated Roms include ota data?

Please hit the Thank button if I helped you out.

Devices:
- Sprint LG G2
- Sprint Motorola Photon
- At&t Htc Aria

kc3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Lol I imagine that depends on the rom developer, if not than a rom will eventual get released with the newest software, always a matter of time

o0adam0o
Old
Thanks Meter 52
So if I'm rooted and on the stock ROM I just accept the OTA and install? Then just re-root?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Jocelyn
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
So if I'm rooted and on the stock ROM I just accept the OTA and install? Then just re-root?

Yes, assuming you have stock recovery and not TWRP.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Jocelyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o0adam0o
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn View Post
Yes, assuming you have stock recovery and not TWRP.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!

Yup on stock recovery right now . Gonna hold off tho because I've been reading that someone is making an update we can flash over top with TWRP. I'll just figure out what I want to do once everything is clear and settled. I'd love some better/stronger signal.

BaYRiCaN
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
Thanks!

Yup on stock recovery right now . Gonna hold off tho because I've been reading that someone is making an update we can flash over top with TWRP. I'll just figure out what I want to do once everything is clear and settled. I'd love some better/stronger signal.

If you find the update to flash with twrp please post link here for us. Thanks. I've heard about it but cannot find anything else out

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

apvikes28
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Good Info

Thanks for the post. I myself was applying the software downloads for my D800 At&t Variant. I am currently stuck right now and your explanation helps make a little sense of what is happening to my phone. I was stuck at the cm boot animation and tried to do a wipe and restore and a bunch of other stuff and nothing was working. Decided to flash back using the software from that thread, however the flash was listed as successful, but upon getting to the main screen of the os, keyboard doesn't come up, no signal or wifi, then after a minute or two the phone will just reboot. My thoughts are either that I have the OTA software missing key components from the original stock, or my efs is shot, in which case I am concerned. Just got this phone and would love to fix it. I will hunt for original software.

I had done a full lg stock backup through CWM and then exported that to my computer. Would that contain my efs info?

Thanks