Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bootloader stuck with no adb access.

OP huzzi

12th January 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi All,

I think I may have bricked my htc sensation, I tried to install JellyBean 4.3 rom as described here. techbeasts.com/2013/11/08/how-to-install-android-4-3-jelly-bean-on-htc-sensation-sensation-xe

Basically, I copied all the files into the sdcard then run fastboot flash boot boot.img after that when did fastboot reboot the bootloader got stuck in loading and when I try to connect using adb i get the device offline message.

I believe with 4.2 or above you have to accept RSA warning or sometime in order to connect using adb tool but I cannot do that as it's stuck on bootloader.

Looks like I've managed to brick the phone as I don't see any way out? just want to confirm that's the case.

This is my first post, please be gentle
12th January 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I'm now getting this message : error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.
Last edited by huzzi; 12th January 2014 at 04:06 AM. Reason: typo
12th January 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag IRAN - Kordestan
Thanks Meter: 782

2,199 posts
More
Hi;
There's no adb command while in fasboot mode. Either adb, or fasboot.
When you entered the command to flash the kernel, was it successful? Did it not give any error messages
What iss your firmware? Install the latest official ICS RUU first, then install a recovery, go into recovery and wipe partitions: data, system, and cache. Afterwards, without rebooting, install the 4.3 ROM you want (which I do not suggest) then go back into fastboot mode and flash the 4.3 ROM's kernel. (flash boot boot.img)

Where do you get the last message?

*By the way, for this kind of actions, let XDA be your first consideration to go, I recommend.*

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.
12th January 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thanks for your reply, I can't get to fastboot using power button + volume key so I'll trying to use adb.
12th January 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 276

850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzi

Thanks for your reply, I can't get to fastboot using power button + volume key so I'll trying to use adb.

Eject you battery that try volume down + power button

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app
12th January 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag IRAN - Kordestan
Thanks Meter: 782

2,199 posts
More
Quote:

Remove and re-insert the battery he means, not when the phone has no battery in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr

Eject you battery that try volume down + power button

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.
12th January 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
My + volume does not work
12th January 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bitola
Thanks Meter: 276

850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan-khatar

Remove and re-insert the battery he means, not when the phone has no battery in it.

Quote:

My + volume does not work

Yeah my bad remove and reinsert battery.. than press and hold together volume down and power button

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread