Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] 2 Questions, UK Care Plans/AS Protector

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By destinyhd, Junior Member on 12th January 2014, 01:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys! I bought an Xperia Z1 LTE from Phones4u (UK contract place) and took out their Phones4u care, basically if you break the phone, you can pay a fixed price and get a brand new phone either the same day if they have one, or sent straight to your home the next day. (I pay 5 extra a month for this)

Basically my question is if I have rooted my phone, do you think this plan will be void, also if I unlock my bootloader, what do you think/know?

Wondering this because I have my phone rooted right now but I'm looking to unlock my bootloader so I have more possibilities etc.

On an off note, the 'anti shatter' protector has a cut/slit in it. I've heard taking the protector off also voids your warranty, any way to get around this? Or do I have to live with a slit in my protector for aslong as I have the phone?

Attached is the lovely slit that is on my protector, driving me nuts!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Snapshot1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	2509946  
12th January 2014, 03:23 PM |#2  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 61
I know someone who works for Phone4U and their advice to me was stay clear of such things, they are basically a scam. Having removed your phone from the box is basically reason enough to void the policy, if they can't void it in a legit way they will literally use every excuse under the sun to get you to pay for a new handset.

I'm afraid to say you have 'insurance' from a phone company...a company who make their money from selling handsets and contracts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread