Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery percentage remains unchanged

Tip us?

configuration
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] Battery percentage remains unchanged

Hey all,

After updating my French Moto G to Kitkat my battery percentage remains unchanged at 99%.
Anyone has experienced a similar bug? What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

creambyemute
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Had the exat same problem with my two Moto G's I ordered from Amazon.de. It seems to happen to some people after the update.
Calm down, no panic. Both of my phones still work flawlessly and battery life is same as before if not better.

So how did I fix it? I factory reseted the Moto G (probably not necessary) and then I let the battery drain to dead (from whatever % it had until it shut down). Most comfortable way to do this is probably playing, streaming videos as I did.

Somehow the update messed around with the battery calibration.

I hope I've helped you

configuration
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by creambyemute View Post
Had the exat same problem with my two Moto G's I ordered from Amazon.de. It seems to happen to some people after the update.
Calm down, no panic. Both of my phones still work flawlessly and battery life is same as before if not better.

So how did I fix it? I factory reseted the Moto G (probably not necessary) and then I let the battery drain to dead (from whatever % it had until it shut down). Most comfortable way to do this is probably playing, streaming videos as I did.

Somehow the update messed around with the battery calibration.

I hope I've helped you
Thanks. I'll keep you posted.