Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VILLUMINATI ART Problems

Tip us?

Zaverns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] VILLUMINATI ART Problems

About a week ago I installed the VILLUMINATI Unofficial version of Cyanogenmod 11, which gave me Android 4.4.1. I've had no problems with it so far until I tried to enable the ART runtime. I enabled it and it started up alright, but after the boot process gapps kept crashing. I tried looking through the thread and didn't see anything (unless I missed it), and tried re-downloading and re-flashing the gapps, but to no avail. I switched back to Dalvik runtime and everything went back to normal. I was hoping someone had a fix for this so I could save a little extra battery and make my phone run a bit faster with ART. Thanks for your time.

KingOz
Old
(Last edited by KingOz; 12th January 2014 at 02:40 AM.) Reason: Forgot To Post Link
Thanks Meter 1
Default what gapps are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaverns View Post
About a week ago I installed the VILLUMINATI Unofficial version of Cyanogenmod 11, which gave me Android 4.4.1. I've had no problems with it so far until I tried to enable the ART runtime. I enabled it and it started up alright, but after the boot process gapps kept crashing. I tried looking through the thread and didn't see anything (unless I missed it), and tried re-downloading and re-flashing the gapps, but to no avail. I switched back to Dalvik runtime and everything went back to normal. I was hoping someone had a fix for this so I could save a little extra battery and make my phone run a bit faster with ART. Thanks for your time.
The problem must be coming from the gapps you installed ...what gapps are you using? It might not have the google apps that are compatible with ART

Use the PA mini modular gapps...(sorry I can't give you the link since I don't have 10 posts -__- Lol)
I recommend this specific one because the full & google stock gapps has had a history of causing some issues..
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beezie42
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaverns View Post
The only way I was able to get ART to run without force closes, was to reboot to recovery as soon as you select the ART runtime. Then wipe both cache and dalvik cache. Then reboot. I had zero force closes this way.

Also remember ART is fairly new so some apps may not work correctly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to beezie42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zaverns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOz View Post
The problem must be coming from the gapps you installed ...what gapps are you using? It might not have the google apps that are compatible with ART

Use the PA mini modular gapps...(sorry I can't give you the link since I don't have 10 posts -__- Lol)
I recommend this specific one because the full & google stock gapps has had a history of causing some issues..
I am using the gapps that was included in the VILLUMINATI post. The below post fixed my problem though, I appreciate your reply and will follow this method if I encounter any further problems. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezie42 View Post
The only way I was able to get ART to run without force closes, was to reboot to recovery as soon as you select the ART runtime. Then wipe both cache and dalvik cache. Then reboot. I had zero force closes this way.

Also remember ART is fairly new so some apps may not work correctly.

This did work for me, thank you! At first after reboot my power button would not turn off the screen, but it started working shortly after. I hope that isn't anything I should look in to.

beezie42
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Your welcome. Sometimes ART seems to work better. A few apps I had trouble getting to install. But they worked after a few reboots.
Not sure about the power button, sorry. Could of been just a hic up.

The Following User Says Thank You to beezie42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,479

DONATE TO ME
I don't know if this will help, but a utile more information never hurt anybody-http://www.infinum.co/the-capsized-e...ime-in-kit-kat

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]