5,604,730 Members 31,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Return to Stock MDK?

Tip us?
 
stompysan
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 124
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default [Q] Return to Stock MDK?

Hello everyone. I will soon be switching to a different carrier, and will be trading in my phone. Sadly, this means that it will need to be returned to stock. I have tried searching around and haven't found a straight answer. My phone is currently Loki'd. Is there any way I can restore back to stock MDK with Odin and remove all signs of root? Right now, when I start my phone up, it shows the unlocked lock and says modified, so I am hoping that there is some way I can return back to stock. Ideally I would want to go back to MDK, in case for some reason I don't switch. That way, I know I will be able to get back custom recovery if everything falls through. I will keep data disabled until I trade it in, in order to prevent an update.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything. Maybe I just overlooked it.
 
heath2805
Old
#2  
heath2805's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 359
Posts: 903
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompysan View Post
Hello everyone. I will soon be switching to a different carrier, and will be trading in my phone. Sadly, this means that it will need to be returned to stock. I have tried searching around and haven't found a straight answer. My phone is currently Loki'd. Is there any way I can restore back to stock MDK with Odin and remove all signs of root? Right now, when I start my phone up, it shows the unlocked lock and says modified, so I am hoping that there is some way I can return back to stock. Ideally I would want to go back to MDK, in case for some reason I don't switch. That way, I know I will be able to get back custom recovery if everything falls through. I will keep data disabled until I trade it in, in order to prevent an update.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything. Maybe I just overlooked it.
Here ya go.
http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=237

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to heath2805 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stompysan
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 124
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath2805 View Post
Here ya go.
http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=237

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Will flashing that remove the remove the "Custom" splash at startup as well, or will I need to run something else before doing that? I know on my SIII, I had to run Triangle Away before returning it as well.
 
heath2805
Old
#4  
heath2805's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 359
Posts: 903
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompysan View Post
Will flashing that remove the remove the "Custom" splash at startup as well, or will I need to run something else before doing that? I know on my SIII, I had to run Triangle Away before returning it as well.
Yes it will bring it back to complete stock MDK unrooted. I've actually used this a couple times to restore stock firmware. Works perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to heath2805 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
stompysan
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 124
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath2805 View Post
Yes it will bring it back to complete stock MDK unrooted. I've actually used this a couple times to restore stock firmware. Works perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Cool. Thanks!
 
heath2805
Old
#6  
heath2805's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 359
Posts: 903
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompysan View Post
Cool. Thanks!
No prob. Just remember it will wipe device completly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more