ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Will you buy a OBEX
Yes 16 80.00%
No 3 15.00%
Waiting for Life Proof. 2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Seidio OBEX COMING SOON. UNDER DEVELOPMENT

OP idle0095

12th January 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #11  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
I like that case,that's nice the a pink or white one I want for sure
12th January 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #12  
Flag Big Country
Thanks Meter: 96

408 posts
More
The earpiece is exposed?
That may be splash proof but rating as continuous submersion [sic] is certainly a bit of a stretch.
Of course that's just by looking at the picture.
Even still, before testing with a working device I'd recommend using a dummy phone perhaps with a few moisture indicating strips (cobalt chloride) attached and tossing into the pool. If the strips turn pink, there is definitely some intrusion. If drops are present, watch out!

I like Otterbox Armor series but I've seen them allow intrusion in torture tests (washing machine!) but it could be overpressure of design limits or improper installation, etc.
12th January 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1,311

2,665 posts
I know it looks like it's exposed, but Seidio is a very reputable company, I doubt they would make that claim while having the earpiece exposed. Probably just a bad picture choice.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
12th January 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 17

125 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpufrost

The earpiece is exposed?
That may be splash proof but rating as continuous submersion [sic] is certainly a bit of a stretch.
Of course that's just by looking at the picture.
Even still, before testing with a working device I'd recommend using a dummy phone perhaps with a few moisture indicating strips (cobalt chloride) attached and tossing into the pool. If the strips turn pink, there is definitely some intrusion. If drops are present, watch out!

I like Otterbox Armor series but I've seen them allow intrusion in torture tests (washing machine!) but it could be overpressure of design limits or improper installation, etc.

Watch the 2nd video. Then you'll understand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread