Guyzz .... Show your apps list and your ram usage and mention the task killers u use

6th January 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

97 posts
Take a screen shot of all the installed apps in ur list and also take a screenshot of the ram usage ... Let's see who conserves well .... Mention the task killers ....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th January 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 178

945 posts
More
I wouldnt recommend "adding" a Task Killer. Better tweak Android's native one to you likings using any of many Tweakers, or manually do so via Build.prop. It has been stated than Android OS does a great job at this. Task Killers will more likely lag the device and eat up resources/battery.

- Paul
7th January 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bandung, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 236

437 posts
More
Task killer was actually useful back in Froyo days... Back then Android's memory management isn't that great and very prone to lags (I remember my old Froyo phone)
But seriously... we're now at version 4.4.x, no longer 2.2.x... Android has become more and more efficient and even now Kitkat runs on a 512MB RAM device.

If you worry about background apps taking CPU cycles or keeping the device at wakelocks.... Greenify helps... but the ultimate solution is to hunt down the app and uninstall it. It's obvious that the app dev did a horrible job.
12th January 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 178

945 posts
More
+1

I agree...I use Greenify and it helps a lot, airdroid, and even camaras work in the background. I've debloated my Grand, Seeder, done some minor build.prop tweaks (manually): fling speeds, max events, etc, and I have no complaints. Many of those "tweaks" out there, is more 'Snake Oil' than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

Task killer was actually useful back in Froyo days... Back then Android's memory management isn't that great and very prone to lags (I remember my old Froyo phone)
But seriously... we're now at version 4.4.x, no longer 2.2.x... Android has become more and more efficient and even now Kitkat runs on a 512MB RAM device.

If you worry about background apps taking CPU cycles or keeping the device at wakelocks.... Greenify helps... but the ultimate solution is to hunt down the app and uninstall it. It's obvious that the app dev did a horrible job.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread