Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wlan_wake wakelock on Hyperdrive RLS 12 on Verizon Galaxy S4

Tip us?

rishipkothari
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] wlan_wake wakelock on Hyperdrive RLS 12 on Verizon Galaxy S4

Hey guys,

On my second samsung device and my fifth rom (including eclipse TW, eclipse AOSP, aokp, CM10, now hyperdrive). Have to say thay I'm satisfied with pretty much everything Hyperdrive has to offer, its freaking amazing! One issue doesn't seem to be resolving despite many attempts. My phone stays awake nearly 100% of the time with a wlan_wake wakelock. This isnt the well documented wlan_rx_wake wakelock, which I've also had in the past but managed to squash. I'll recount my findings in some order below.

I installed Hyperdrive, restored some some vital apps. Waited a couple days and found the battery wasn't what I'd hoped it'd be. I usually run with auto sync enabled for total 8 mins per hour (via Tasker) and wifi and mobile data on. I've also used a script that disables IPv6 whenever it connects to a wifi network -- work network has tons of IPv6 broadcasts that were triggering massive wlan_rx_wake wakelocks which were vastly reduced with this fix. Even with these throttles, I noticed that some time after boot (10-15 minutes) on my work as well as home network (10 mixed devices on a belkin router), a wlan_wake wakelock would start triggering and my phone would then stay awake 90-100% of the time, screen on or off.

I went ahead factory reset the phone, loaded just my google account, and found the same problem with autosync on, autosync off, GPS was off, Wifi "always allow scanning" option was disabled in the advanced menu, Google's Wifi network location was disabled, and no 3rd party apps except for BBS installed. Of course, with Wifi disabled, the issue abated but 3g/4g doesn't offer much better battery life than the phone staying awake the whole time. During this time, I used Network Logger and Shark for Root to attempt to identify Wifi traffic and found that a few apps were transmitting frequently, but not enough to keep the phone awake for the amount of time the wakelock indicated. Total battery drain is up to 8-10%/hour with absolutely minimal use. I've never had this particular issue with any other OS i've installed, any ideas what could be going on? Really looking forward to being able to rip through days without charging on Hyperdrive!

shadyabhi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a Samsung Note 3 and I too have this same problem (except that a factory reset solves it). Can't seem to find a fix. People on internet suggest that it's because of some rogue app but my phone starts behaving like this randomly until I do a factory reset.
Samsung Galaxy Note3 Stock