Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

L9 p769 V20H unlocking bootloader issue

OP GeorgeJellybean

12th January 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey there all,

I have followed any and all threads and guides to flash the 10A and the 20B European ROMS so that I can attempt to unlock the bootloader on my P769. I follow all of the steps till you get to the point where you click on "Normal web upgrade test" to start the upgrade and then shttps is supposed to step in and block the LGMobile Support Tool connections to it's server, but all it does is bring up the current installed Support Tool and gives me an error and crashes instead of starting the flashing process. Does anybody know where maybe I have missed a step or maybe something that I am doing wrong to where things just aren't clicking right??

I have attached what I am getting as my result. I hope one of you really smart guys out there can point me in the right direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	864
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	2510020  
12th January 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJellybean

Hey there all,

I have followed any and all threads and guides to flash the 10A and the 20B European ROMS so that I can attempt to unlock the bootloader on my P769. I follow all of the steps till you get to the point where you click on "Normal web upgrade test" to start the upgrade and then shttps is supposed to step in and block the LGMobile Support Tool connections to it's server, but all it does is bring up the current installed Support Tool and gives me an error and crashes instead of starting the flashing process. Does anybody know where maybe I have missed a step or maybe something that I am doing wrong to where things just aren't clicking right??

I have attached what I am getting as my result. I hope one of you really smart guys out there can point me in the right direction.

uninstall the support tool, modify hosts file, reinstall support tool and try again.
12th January 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbstewa

uninstall the support tool, modify hosts file, reinstall support tool and try again.

I've tried that a few times to no avail
12th January 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
Quote:

I've tried that a few times to no avail

the only reason you're crashing on that version is it's the new one... so something didn't get set right...
12th January 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbstewa

the only reason you're crashing on that version is it's the new one... so something didn't get set right...

Is there a good way to make sure anything LG related can be totally deleted so I can start anew like drivers and whatever else that may be messing with this process?
12th January 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 14

45 posts
Quote:

Hey there all,

Have a look at my posts here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post49041039
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post49041486

Getting it to work the first time around was an absolute nightmare, and I almost gave up on the entire process.
Last edited by Zhono; 12th January 2014 at 06:54 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread