Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 40,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nu Sense

Tip us?

Billy3369
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage Nu Sense

I can't post in developer sections but wanted to reply about a post some one put about their phone shutting down. I also had the same problem. I thought it was my phone but see now it may not have been. I think part of mine may have been a poor quality usb/data cable. Once mine did power on (after 3 days on mobile charger) I retried my usb cable I caught it discharging rapidly.

santod040
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy3369 View Post
I can't post in developer sections but wanted to reply about a post some one put about their phone shutting down. I also had the same problem. I thought it was my phone but see now it may not have been. I think part of mine may have been a poor quality usb/data cable. Once mine did power on (after 3 days on mobile charger) I retried my usb cable I caught it discharging rapidly.
What firmware and radios are you using?
Just curious if there is any relation...
I have had zero issues like this, but have seen similar cases on other devices when running newer roms/kernels, on older firmware /radios.
Just a thought and maybe something worth looking at.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One | HTC One (2014)

Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!

Billy3369
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
What firmware and radios are you using?
Just curious if there is any relation...
I have had zero issues like this, but have seen similar cases on other devices when running newer roms/kernels, on older firmware /radios.
Just a thought and maybe something worth looking at.
Everything was off of latest Verizon update. Only other thing is I had tried the OSE Rom and also Sundream's first One port but had done multiple wipes and went to a factory rooted rewiped and then to yours. Maybe I picked up a bug somewhere else that couldn't be removed by resets and wipes.

BBEgo
Old
(Last edited by BBEgo; 12th January 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Hi guys. I was the one that first reported that issue. I'm on the latest radio, and I'm pretty sure the eng hBoot. I'll have to check that one.
Should I flash the newly released hBoot? I've read that there are fears of losing s-off/bootloader unlock with the new hBoot. That's probably not true though.

*edit* Confirmed- I have the eng hBoot ( S-off/unlocked)
If you feel like you need to ask for 'thanks' in the signature section of every post, you probably don't deserve it.