Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] GT-I8190N Custom Kernel

OP shagadelic

7th January 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #1  
shagadelic's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Specs :
GT-I8190N with DMod

Hi.
I am desperately seeking for a custom kernel for the above configuration (not for a CM based rom!).
A good governor and I/O-Scheduler to save my battery and my life would be so gorgeous...

Thanx in advance for your time and any help.
7th January 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Harare
Thanks Meter: 255
 
777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagadelic

Specs :
GT-I8190N with DMod

Hi.
I am desperately seeking for a custom kernel for the above configuration (not for a CM based rom!).
A good governor and I/O-Scheduler to save my battery and my life would be so gorgeous...

Thanx in advance for your time and any help.

what is the first rule of xda forums?
7th January 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
shagadelic's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustino84

what is the first rule of xda forums?

Let me think... is it - Say something helpful or nothing?!?
Perhaps you should take a look at the second rule...

I am looking and of cause searching for a "none-CM" custom kernel with governors and schedulers for months.
So if i missed something, which of cause could happen, please share your knowledge with me.

Fine regards.
7th January 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Harare
Thanks Meter: 255
 
777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagadelic

Let me think... is it - Say something helpful or nothing?!?
Perhaps you should take a look at the second rule...

I am looking and of cause searching for a "none-CM" custom kernel with governors and schedulers for months.
So if i missed something, which of cause could happen, please share your knowledge with me.

Fine regards.

you are about the 5th person i have seen post this question
they also did not take the time to actually search through forums properly
if you had actually searched you would have seen at least 3 threads closed because of people asking the same question again

if you had perhaps asked for assistance in building your dev environment to make a custom kernel for a stock rom then perhaps i would have had something helpful to say

any way i have said my piece

there are no fully working kernels for stock rom N/L/International variants
there have been some attempts and there are a few people who are still trying but these still have a few bugs and may not be a daily runner

from my observations so far, a custom kernel on stock rom for this phone tends to have a bug where you are unable to set the governor in some instances and the CPU stays stuck in 1Ghz
Last edited by efaustino84; 7th January 2014 at 10:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to efaustino84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #5  
shagadelic's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustino84

you are about the 5th person i have seen post this question
they also did not take the time to actually search through forums properly
if you had actually searched you would have seen at least 3 threads closed because of people asking the same question again

if you had perhaps asked for assistance in building your dev environment to make a custom kernel for a stock rom then perhaps i would have had something helpful to say

any way i have said my piece

there are no fully working kernels for stock rom N/L/International variants
there have been some attempts and there are a few people who are still trying but these still have a few bugs and may not be a daily runner

from my observations so far, a custom kernel on stock rom for this phone tends to have a bug where you are unable to set the governor in some instances and the CPU stays stuck in 1Ghz

I searched this forum and felt the whole internet to death before i decided to post here, and didnŽt neither find a working kernel nor any information that there doesnŽt exist one.
Perhaps i made a mistake with my search arguments "gt-i8190n kernel", but imho they are as basical as possible.
Atm i stay at the user side, but when i decide to become a dev, iŽll ask for assistance...of cause after using the forum search...

Yfi GoldenKernel is working on the N variant, but of cause without the advanced N features like NFC and so. The dev of this kernel wanted to build a N version of this kernel too, but this information is imho from aprilŽ2013...so perhaps he quit working on it...

So i finally hope that a cutom kernel maker will get some free time soon...

Any way, thank you for your help and information!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes