shagadelic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Cloud Search [Q] GT-I8190N Custom Kernel

Specs :
GT-I8190N with DMod

Hi.
I am desperately seeking for a custom kernel for the above configuration (not for a CM based rom!).
A good governor and I/O-Scheduler to save my battery and my life would be so gorgeous...

Thanx in advance for your time and any help.

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagadelic View Post
Specs :
GT-I8190N with DMod

Hi.
I am desperately seeking for a custom kernel for the above configuration (not for a CM based rom!).
A good governor and I/O-Scheduler to save my battery and my life would be so gorgeous...

Thanx in advance for your time and any help.
what is the first rule of xda forums?
I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work

shagadelic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustino84 View Post
what is the first rule of xda forums?
Let me think... is it - Say something helpful or nothing?!?
Perhaps you should take a look at the second rule...

I am looking and of cause searching for a "none-CM" custom kernel with governors and schedulers for months.
So if i missed something, which of cause could happen, please share your knowledge with me.

Fine regards.

efaustino84
Old
(Last edited by efaustino84; 7th January 2014 at 09:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagadelic View Post
Let me think... is it - Say something helpful or nothing?!?
Perhaps you should take a look at the second rule...

I am looking and of cause searching for a "none-CM" custom kernel with governors and schedulers for months.
So if i missed something, which of cause could happen, please share your knowledge with me.

Fine regards.
you are about the 5th person i have seen post this question
they also did not take the time to actually search through forums properly
if you had actually searched you would have seen at least 3 threads closed because of people asking the same question again

if you had perhaps asked for assistance in building your dev environment to make a custom kernel for a stock rom then perhaps i would have had something helpful to say

any way i have said my piece

there are no fully working kernels for stock rom N/L/International variants
there have been some attempts and there are a few people who are still trying but these still have a few bugs and may not be a daily runner

from my observations so far, a custom kernel on stock rom for this phone tends to have a bug where you are unable to set the governor in some instances and the CPU stays stuck in 1Ghz
I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work
The Following User Says Thank You to efaustino84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shagadelic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustino84 View Post
you are about the 5th person i have seen post this question
they also did not take the time to actually search through forums properly
if you had actually searched you would have seen at least 3 threads closed because of people asking the same question again

if you had perhaps asked for assistance in building your dev environment to make a custom kernel for a stock rom then perhaps i would have had something helpful to say

any way i have said my piece

there are no fully working kernels for stock rom N/L/International variants
there have been some attempts and there are a few people who are still trying but these still have a few bugs and may not be a daily runner

from my observations so far, a custom kernel on stock rom for this phone tends to have a bug where you are unable to set the governor in some instances and the CPU stays stuck in 1Ghz
I searched this forum and felt the whole internet to death before i decided to post here, and didnŽt neither find a working kernel nor any information that there doesnŽt exist one.
Perhaps i made a mistake with my search arguments "gt-i8190n kernel", but imho they are as basical as possible.
Atm i stay at the user side, but when i decide to become a dev, iŽll ask for assistance...of cause after using the forum search...

Yfi GoldenKernel is working on the N variant, but of cause without the advanced N features like NFC and so. The dev of this kernel wanted to build a N version of this kernel too, but this information is imho from aprilŽ2013...so perhaps he quit working on it...

So i finally hope that a cutom kernel maker will get some free time soon...

Any way, thank you for your help and information!