FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Black Screen after new rom on safestrap

9th January 2014, 11:46 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I just rooted my xt926 using the new root method (bootloader is still locked) and used safestrap to install a new rom. Followed directions (as far as I can tell) and installed rom successfully. But when I reboot and choose continue on the safestrap boot screen it goes black and freezes there. Only way I can get out is to hard reset. Anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong specifically?
 
 
11th January 2014, 12:51 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 535
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigz23

I just rooted my xt926 using the new root method (bootloader is still locked) and used safestrap to install a new rom. Followed directions (as far as I can tell) and installed rom successfully. But when I reboot and choose continue on the safestrap boot screen it goes black and freezes there. Only way I can get out is to hard reset. Anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong specifically?

& why don't you share what rom it was?
11th January 2014, 01:47 AM |#3  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 546
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigz23

I just rooted my xt926 using the new root method (bootloader is still locked) and used safestrap to install a new rom. Followed directions (as far as I can tell) and installed rom successfully. But when I reboot and choose continue on the safestrap boot screen it goes black and freezes there. Only way I can get out is to hard reset. Anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong specifically?

Specifically? You're probably installing a ROM that is not compatible with SS.
12th January 2014, 12:32 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I tried Slim, Rage HD, and Nexusesque
12th January 2014, 05:46 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigz23

I tried Slim, Rage HD, and Nexusesque

I had this happen to me when i used the latest version safestrap, i used ver 3.12 and ut worked like charm
12th January 2014, 08:55 AM |#6  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 546
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigz23

I tried Slim, Rage HD, and Nexusesque

Slim won't worm on a lock bootloader, the others should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinateguy

I had this happen to me when i used the latest version safestrap, i used ver 3.12 and ut worked like charm

Yeah, I've seen a few people say this. Hopefully, this will work for Jig.
12th January 2014, 06:06 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong

Slim won't worm on a lock bootloader, the others should.

Yeah, I've seen a few people say this. Hopefully, this will work for Jig.

Thanks I'll give this a try. You know where I can find v3.12 for xt926? Can't seem to find a downloadable copy anywhere anymore.
12th January 2014, 06:14 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 535
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigz23

Thanks I'll give this a try. You know where I can find v3.12 for xt926? Can't seem to find a downloadable copy anywhere anymore.

http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/safestrap
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 07:41 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/safestrap

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes