XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Signal trouble but don't understand what

Tip us?

S.Phrenic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Signal trouble but don't understand what

So, I installed SlimROM for S3mini and i think it's awesome.

However, I've had some trouble with my internet when i'm not on wifi. The logo says I have 3g but its very unstable. Just now I tested it and the play store worked fine and then suddenly didn't anymore. But if i press Retry for about 10 times, it sudden;y works fine again.

One thing i've noticed as well is how tasker is unable to find my locations based on net sometimes.

Anyone know what's going on? and what i can do about it.

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Does this occur in one area or anywhere you go?

S.Phrenic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by serophia View Post
Does this occur in one area or anywhere you go?
Many different places.

I think i've found some interesting stuff. It seems that when i'm on HSPA Internet works but not when i'm on 3G... Anyone know what this could mean?

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Phrenic View Post
Many different places.

I think i've found some interesting stuff. It seems that when i'm on HSPA Internet works but not when i'm on 3G... Anyone know what this could mean?
Probably the location you are at does not have the refarmed 1900 towers, where i live if i drop to 3g it would instantly not work and would have to wait till im back on HSPA or H to get decent signal.

S.Phrenic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by serophia View Post
Probably the location you are at does not have the refarmed 1900 towers, where i live if i drop to 3g it would instantly not work and would have to wait till im back on HSPA or H to get decent signal.
Could be although that wouldn't make sense as the phone had no troubles with internet before I install SlimROM.

serophia
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Phrenic View Post
Could be although that wouldn't make sense as the phone had no troubles with internet before I install SlimROM.
You can try a different rom then cause some roms have bad data as its not fully stable on their sources. So for now flash a different rom and see if it improves.