Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom Stock ROM created!

Tip us?

jan.stanicek
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Little Feedback

Hello.

As I am too junijor to respond in developer section, I would give sdbags little feedback here.

I have installed your ROM very smoothly, however i had mention one minor issue - Titanium backup wasnt able to recognize my pro license.

I have sorted it out by removing titanium backup app file from /system/app folder and i have installed it again. Now it looks fine.

-Jan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jan.stanicek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.stanicek View Post
Hello.

As I am too junijor to respond in developer section, I would give sdbags little feedback here.

I have installed your ROM very smoothly, however i had mention one minor issue - Titanium backup wasnt able to recognize my pro license.

I have sorted it out by removing titanium backup app file from /system/app folder and i have installed it again. Now it looks fine.

-Jan
Ah OK - thanks for the feedback - I'll move it to a data/app for next time. I have just finished the first build of CROMi-X 6.0b1 and have already put it as a data app in there. I couldn't remember why it had to be in /data and now I know
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alta1r
Old
(Last edited by Alta1r; 11th January 2014 at 02:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDinosaur View Post
please share that with us in the rom thread, i like to do that as well
You need 2 apps for this: gmd gesture control to create the gestures and from the same developper gmd auto hide softkeys to hide the bottom bar only.
For both there's a free version so you can try before you buy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urecontroldemo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....hidesoftkeysp

Both apps require root.

I use custom gestures:
-swiping down with 4 fingers is back
-swiping with 4 fingers show the recent apps
- pinch 4 fingers brings me back to the home screen
- expand 4 fingers toggles between my current view and full screen (no bars at all on top or bottom)
- swiping with 4 fingers left or right takes me to the prevoius or next app

If you use it and use the Asus Task Manager as well, make sure you lock these services so they won't be closed by it.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alta1r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AngryDinosaur
Old
Thanks Meter 381

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta1r View Post
You need 2 apps for this: gmd gesture control to create the gestures and from the same developper gmd auto hide softkeys to hide the bottom bar only.
For both there's a free version so you can try before you buy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urecontroldemo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....hidesoftkeysp

Both apps require root.

I use custom gestures:
-swiping down with 4 fingers is back
-swiping with 4 fingers show the recent apps
- pinch 4 fingers brings me back to the home screen
- expand 4 fingers toggles between my current view and full screen (no bars at all on top or bottom)
- swiping with 4 fingers left or right takes me to the prevoius or next app

If you use it and use the Asus Task Manager as well, make sure you lock these services so they won't be closed by it.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks man i will try it out and i can run the tablet at full 1920x1200p

zaelin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just going to post in here, running sdbags modified rom seems to be giving me better battery life.

I take this tab with me to work and use it during my downtime quite regularly, and normally by the end of my shift my dock battery is fully drained and I'm down to about 20% battery at best. Fairly slow day today, heavy usage, some PSP emulation, I'm sitting at a cool 60% as of this moment. (dock battery 0%)

I haven't bothered looking at the battery stats, so anecdotal at best, but for anyone having battery issues it may be worth the ten minutes it takes to download and flash this.

Looking forward to the Cromi releases, I was rocking that on my TF300 with rom2sd as my primary driver till I got this.

sbdags
Old
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelin View Post
Just going to post in here, running sdbags modified rom seems to be giving me better battery life.

I take this tab with me to work and use it during my downtime quite regularly, and normally by the end of my shift my dock battery is fully drained and I'm down to about 20% battery at best. Fairly slow day today, heavy usage, some PSP emulation, I'm sitting at a cool 60% as of this moment. (dock battery 0%)

I haven't bothered looking at the battery stats, so anecdotal at best, but for anyone having battery issues it may be worth the ten minutes it takes to download and flash this.

Looking forward to the Cromi releases, I was rocking that on my TF300 with rom2sd as my primary driver till I got this.
Wait til you see the new CROMi-X - you won't go back to stock
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mercury1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi,

i am not able to post in the orginal thread, so i ask here:
Quote:
To flash a recovery you need to have the fastboot.exe file and cwm recovery.img file in the same folder.
where can i get the fastboot.exe file?

thanks mercry1

jan.stanicek
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Fastboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury1 View Post
hi,

i am not able to post in the orginal thread, so i ask here:

where can i get the fastboot.exe file?

thanks mercry1
The easiest way to get fastboot is here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269 . You should also have installed the proper drivers - helpfull topic is here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2386956

-Jan
The Following User Says Thank You to jan.stanicek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zaelin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Wait til you see the new CROMi-X - you won't go back to stock
Oh trust me, once your ROM is released the only time I'm touching a stock rom with a twenty foot pole is if the bootloader changes and I have no choice. (ie: TWRP 2.4.4.0 to 2.5+ on the TF300)

Even then, I'm going to feel dirty and scrub myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbdags
Old
Thanks Meter 12,772

DONATE TO ME
CROMi-X 6.0b2 released

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608129