FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Big world of Kernels.... and iHackers ROM

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By l-_-M4r5h411-_-l, Junior Member on 12th January 2014, 02:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So as you all no, Ive unlocked my Bootloader and Rooted my phone.

Now i am trying to install the iHackers 2.1 ROM but am coming into confusion. I have not installed any other apps for the rooted device, i have a clean device with "Philz advance Recovery Kernel" Installed. That is all!

If i go through the process of installing the iHackers 2.1 ROM will this delete "Philz Advance Recovery"? As i think Philz recovery is a kernel
and iHackers wants me to install their Kernel. Correct? so the iHackers will replace philz recovery?? Am i right or wrong?

If im right then how would i install ROMS/WIPE DATA/CLEAR CACHE and that after ive installed the iHackers ROM???
At the end of the tutorial iHackers give they say install my desired Kernel after the Stock Kernel step. Is this were i replace "Philz Recovery"?
I here people installing DOOM's(Something) Kernel at this point. But does that mean they have lost the recovery Kernel?? Its confusing.
I would like the Doom Kernel everyone is using aswell as iHackers ROM as well as A Recovery Kernel lol, Not asking for much am i ! LOL

Could some help clear this up please, i have read many documents on here and havent wrapped my head round it yet. THANKS
 
 
12th January 2014, 05:23 PM |#2  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
The procedure should be like that, complete the iHackers procedure to install the room. After you did that if you lost the recovery you can flash any kernel with recovery via Flashtool, it's your choice. The recovery it's implemented in Kernel so don't get confused, after you install any rom you can flash any custom kernel with any recovery.
12th January 2014, 07:18 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

The procedure should be like that, complete the iHackers procedure to install the room. After you did that if you lost the recovery you can flash any kernel with recovery via Flashtool, it's your choice. The recovery it's implemented in Kernel so don't get confused, after you install any rom you can flash any custom kernel with any recovery.

Hi again mate...

So if i follow the steps for the iHackers ROM and decide i dont like it how do i revert back to the stock version i have (Which i have backedup via the CWM Recovery) if ive deleted it by switching kernels?
12th January 2014, 07:28 PM |#4  
shem2409's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 694
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-_-M4r5h411-_-l

Hi again mate...

So if i follow the steps for the iHackers ROM and decide i dont like it how do i revert back to the stock version i have (Which i have backedup via the CWM Recovery) if ive deleted it by switching kernels?

A nandroid backup and then a restore would be the easiest and recommended
12th January 2014, 08:16 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409

A nandroid backup and then a restore would be the easiest and recommended

and if its to late for that? I backed up something when i had CWM installed but after changing to the iHackers Kernel that has now gone and im stuck with this. i prefer my stock! im not smart enough for this stuff!

Any help to revert back?
12th January 2014, 09:29 PM |#6  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-_-M4r5h411-_-l

and if its to late for that? I backed up something when i had CWM installed but after changing to the iHackers Kernel that has now gone and im stuck with this. i prefer my stock! im not smart enough for this stuff!

Any help to revert back?

Install kernel with CWM and restore what you backed up before.
12th January 2014, 09:42 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Install kernel with CWM and restore what you backed up before.

Cheers Mate

Thats all from me now, im happy with my stock kernel and deleted bloatware haha. THANKS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes