XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Big world of Kernels.... and iHackers ROM

Tip us?

l-_-M4r5h411-_-l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Big world of Kernels.... and iHackers ROM

So as you all no, Ive unlocked my Bootloader and Rooted my phone.

Now i am trying to install the iHackers 2.1 ROM but am coming into confusion. I have not installed any other apps for the rooted device, i have a clean device with "Philz advance Recovery Kernel" Installed. That is all!

If i go through the process of installing the iHackers 2.1 ROM will this delete "Philz Advance Recovery"? As i think Philz recovery is a kernel
and iHackers wants me to install their Kernel. Correct? so the iHackers will replace philz recovery?? Am i right or wrong?

If im right then how would i install ROMS/WIPE DATA/CLEAR CACHE and that after ive installed the iHackers ROM???
At the end of the tutorial iHackers give they say install my desired Kernel after the Stock Kernel step. Is this were i replace "Philz Recovery"?
I here people installing DOOM's(Something) Kernel at this point. But does that mean they have lost the recovery Kernel?? Its confusing.
I would like the Doom Kernel everyone is using aswell as iHackers ROM as well as A Recovery Kernel lol, Not asking for much am i ! LOL

Could some help clear this up please, i have read many documents on here and havent wrapped my head round it yet. THANKS

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 476
The procedure should be like that, complete the iHackers procedure to install the room. After you did that if you lost the recovery you can flash any kernel with recovery via Flashtool, it's your choice. The recovery it's implemented in Kernel so don't get confused, after you install any rom you can flash any custom kernel with any recovery.

l-_-M4r5h411-_-l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
The procedure should be like that, complete the iHackers procedure to install the room. After you did that if you lost the recovery you can flash any kernel with recovery via Flashtool, it's your choice. The recovery it's implemented in Kernel so don't get confused, after you install any rom you can flash any custom kernel with any recovery.
Hi again mate...

So if i follow the steps for the iHackers ROM and decide i dont like it how do i revert back to the stock version i have (Which i have backedup via the CWM Recovery) if ive deleted it by switching kernels?

shem2409
Old
Thanks Meter 423

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-_-M4r5h411-_-l View Post
Hi again mate...

So if i follow the steps for the iHackers ROM and decide i dont like it how do i revert back to the stock version i have (Which i have backedup via the CWM Recovery) if ive deleted it by switching kernels?
A nandroid backup and then a restore would be the easiest and recommended

l-_-M4r5h411-_-l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409 View Post
A nandroid backup and then a restore would be the easiest and recommended
and if its to late for that? I backed up something when i had CWM installed but after changing to the iHackers Kernel that has now gone and im stuck with this. i prefer my stock! im not smart enough for this stuff!

Any help to revert back?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-_-M4r5h411-_-l View Post
and if its to late for that? I backed up something when i had CWM installed but after changing to the iHackers Kernel that has now gone and im stuck with this. i prefer my stock! im not smart enough for this stuff!

Any help to revert back?
Install kernel with CWM and restore what you backed up before.

l-_-M4r5h411-_-l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Install kernel with CWM and restore what you backed up before.
Cheers Mate

Thats all from me now, im happy with my stock kernel and deleted bloatware haha. THANKS