radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1186

DONATE TO ME
Take a look here, guy explains it a bit better than I understand it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48016771

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

Dracunos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvinodnayak View Post
Use root explorer, go to /system/build.prop
Click & hold on the file, use the pop-up menu and choose open with text editor, su will ask permission, Grant it. Add the following two lines at the bottom of the page:

ril.sales_code=WIN
ro.csc.sales_code=WIN

Save and exit, reboot your phone.
Now check APN settings, you should be able to edit it now.

How this helped.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Note: # codes won't work if these 2 lines are present in the build.prop, simply put # in front of the lines after you finish editing your APN settings like shown below:

#ril.sales_code=WIN
#ro.csc.sales_code=WIN

By putting # it disables those 2 lines. Whenever you need to edit the APN, just remove the #.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I've been looking all over, found a couple solutions that haven't worked.. Not sure whether to start a new thread or what..

Has anyone found a clear way to make the Verizon Note 3 APNs editable so I can add a new one or modify the existing without using another sim card? I tried editing the buildprop, but it ended up getting rid of a bunch of settings, including the apns.

I'm not moving to a new network or anything, I'm simply trying a fix to allow me to use adblock without it having some unintended issues being unable to send or recieve mms while wifi is connected, a pretty widespread bug from what I've seen. Not even sure if the apn modification would help but it's really annoying to me that it's locked out anyway. Is there a buildprop edit that works with note 3? Or does it work but my settings are messed up?

((With adblock disabled, when I send an mms the wifi icon disappears and the net takes over and sends it out normally, with adblock on the net pops up and seems to be trying to send, but it hangs forever and the wifi symbol never ends up disappearing per normal operation, heard of a port based workaround, doesn't look like the bug will be fixed anytime soon.))