12th January 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #11  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 115

725 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer

Thanks, you guys are great.

I made my own call rejection message, but I cannot find how to assign it to a contact?

Also, I see the number is blocked from calling, but what about sms, (which is where I am getting bothered by my x)

Did you even check message options? If you open your stock messenger, tap menu and settings, then tap more, there is a spam filter you can have off or on. If you turn it on you have to option to block specific numbers that send annoying text or spam. I mean it is massages that you say you want to block so messing with call blocking is pretty much pointless and you should have looked at message settings first.
12th January 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68

Did you even check message options? If you open your stock messenger, tap menu and settings, then tap more, there is a spam filter you can have off or on. If you turn it on you have to option to block specific numbers that send annoying text or spam. I mean it is massages that you say you want to block so messing with call blocking is pretty much pointless and you should have looked at message settings first.

You are not following this thread too closely and have missed post 9
12th January 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #13  
Flag Dallas

725 posts
More
Wink
Quote:

You are not following this thread too closely and have missed post 9

I am just saying had he checked his message settings first. Or just Googled the topic, this entire thread would not be needed..
12th January 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

289 posts
Quote:

I am just saying had he checked his message settings first. Or just Googled the topic, this entire thread would not be needed..

That 100% bullcrap.

I appreciate your help, but please don't say that about me.

I google, use search features on all sites, roam around in my own settings, BEFORE I ask questions on this board.

Please, please, please, do NOT put me in THAT category of (peeps who are too lazy to search), I am NOT one of them!
Especially since one of the regular senior members here suggested I had to pay att $5 per month for smart limits.

not only is this thread "needed", it should be made a "sticky"
Last edited by XiphoneUzer; 12th January 2014 at 04:34 PM.
12th January 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #15  
Flag Dallas

725 posts
More
Quote:

That 100% bullcrap.

I appreciate your help, but please don't say that about me.

I google, use search features on all sites, roam around in my own settings, BEFORE I ask questions on this board.

Please, please, please, do NOT put me in THAT category of (peeps who are too lazy to search), I am NOT one of them!
Especially since one of the regular senior members here suggested I had to pay att $5 per month for smart limits.

not only is this thread "needed", it should be made a "sticky"

I did a Google search for "blocking messages of the note 3" and the first five hits all had the same information posted on post 9.

So maybe Google or whatever search engine you used in your region blocks some stuff. Or your search terms where not clear enough.

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, it's just took me maybe 3 minutes tops to find the information on Google with those terms.

http://www.google.com/#q=block+messages+on+note+3
12th January 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

289 posts
Quote:

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, it's just took me maybe 3 minutes tops to find the information on Google

You are fantastic! Clearly way better than me, (and I'm ok with that).
We should close this site down (and just use Google) !!!

As a matter of fact, why have any forums at all.
You and I both know you can google anything, so why bother having these sites.

edit - guess how I found XDA Developers :wink:
Last edited by XiphoneUzer; 13th January 2014 at 05:06 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread