Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Major issues flashing new ROM, help needed badly!

Tip us?

chr0n03939
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Major issues flashing new ROM, help needed badly!

Hi.

First off, I've had my sgh-t999 since launch. I rooted it, and put TWRP recovery on it. I have used multiple roms over the past year with no problems at all.

I recently went to switch to a new rom. (new version of IOKP, upgrading from old infamous rom)

steps I took:

1. Placed rom on SD
2. Booted into Recovery
3. Wiped dalvik, and did full data wipe
4. flashed rom, success
5. Rom got stuck loading and wouldn't work.

Figured I needed to reinstall the rom, as this has happened to me before on previous phones.

6. Tried to reboot into recovery, Phone would not allow me to go into recovery, the blue text appeared at the top, but the phone would reboot itself after a second of the blue text leaving. (I tried adjusting the length of time I kept the buttons pressed down, both shorter and longer, to no avail.)

7. I looked up how to fix this. I used odin and the stock T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_T999UVUEMJC_HOME.tar.md5 to flash it back to stock.

8. The phone booted fine and I was back like normal. HOWEVER, I had no 4g, no wifi, my home button didn't work, and I had a lot of other errors.

9. I figured I should try to use a different stock rom, however ODIN began giving me error messages.

<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/007> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/007> Receive Response from boot-loader
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Write)

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

No matter what USB port I use I get the same error. I even downloaded a .PIT file and tried to flash again. Same error message.

10. Now my phone is stuck. I cannot get into the phone, I cannot get into recovery, and when in download mode it reads "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue."

11. Kies doesn't even recognize my phone.

I am at a loss for what I need to do.

In case it helps my "download mode" screen says
sgh-t999
6 counts
binary:samsung official
secureboot:enable
warranty bit:1
bootloader ap swerv: 1

Does anyone have any idea where I should go from here? I hate being stuck. I also use my phone for work, and am losing money the longer I go without it. If anyone can provide help, I would be forever grateful.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 617
What is it that you're trying to flash? You need to flash the mjc firmware again, anything less than that won't work

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

chr0n03939
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
What is it that you're trying to flash? You need to flash the mjc firmware again, anything less than that won't work

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Stock 4.3: T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_T999UVUEMJC_HOME.tar.md5 was the file I had flashed. My phone booted up, but I had no 4g and no wifi. I hooked it up to odin again to reflash the same firmware, and my phone is now stuck at the black screen that says firmware update error.

Every time I use odin it returns an error no matter what stock firmware I try and use. I tried a .PIT file in combination with T999UVUEMJC_T999TMBEMJC_T999UVUEMJC_HOME.tar.md5, and it still returned an error.