XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Note 2 LTE Issue

Tip us?

scorpnet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sprint Note 2 LTE Issue

Hello there, I have been in the search for a perfect 4.4 ROM to work, I seem to be at an impass..

The 2 that I have tried, and Quite enjoyed so far are the Omni ROM and the Cyanogenmod 11

Both roms have the same issue, I cannot connect to a 4g LTE Sprint tower. I know the LTE Towers are working, My mom has the same phone, Sprint Note 2 and I have Mac's Rom on it and is picking up a very strong 4g Signal, yet my phone which sits literly right next to it, Refuses to get any 4g.. I drove around, went to known working areas, Never once did I snatch a 4g signal.

I played with the settings, it is set to LTE mode, I even tried Flashing as a fresh Install..

I tried flashing a Stock rom, but for some reason after it installs, and on boot up the phone does not work. I get a blank screen and literly nothing. I have to pull the battery to get it to turn back on. At that point I have to either Re-flash or restore a backup through CWM.

Any help would be appreciated, I miss my LTE Thanks

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Same issue here. Not sprint though...
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 278
In cm11 set your mobile network type to cdma+lte/evdo or global. See if that works.

Next you can try to flash a touch wiz rom and do a hands free activation, verify lte works on the touch wiz rom, then flash to CM11 and see if you can connect to lte.

scorpnet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
In cm11 set your mobile network type to cdma+lte/evdo or global. See if that works.

Next you can try to flash a touch wiz rom and do a hands free activation, verify lte works on the touch wiz rom, then flash to CM11 and see if you can connect to lte.
I have tried setting it to both. Global shows no signel what so ever on anything, I currently have it on cdma=lte/evdo and I just get a good 3g signal..

I might try that one out, Which is a good touch wiz rom to try and do that with ? I dont think I even tried a touch wiz rom yet

altimuh
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpnet View Post
Hello there, I have been in the search for a perfect 4.4 ROM to work, I seem to be at an impass..

The 2 that I have tried, and Quite enjoyed so far are the Omni ROM and the Cyanogenmod 11

Both roms have the same issue, I cannot connect to a 4g LTE Sprint tower. I know the LTE Towers are working, My mom has the same phone, Sprint Note 2 and I have Mac's Rom on it and is picking up a very strong 4g Signal, yet my phone which sits literly right next to it, Refuses to get any 4g.. I drove around, went to known working areas, Never once did I snatch a 4g signal.

I played with the settings, it is set to LTE mode, I even tried Flashing as a fresh Install..

I tried flashing a Stock rom, but for some reason after it installs, and on boot up the phone does not work. I get a blank screen and literly nothing. I have to pull the battery to get it to turn back on. At that point I have to either Re-flash or restore a backup through CWM.

Any help would be appreciated, I miss my LTE Thanks
Personally I would recommend doing this:
Backup everything to your PC (both internal and external)
Delete the contents of the "0" folder on your internal card. If you use ES File Explorer, you'll need to enable root access, and then while in the app hit the menu button. The left menu will slide open and you'll see "Local".... underneath that you'll find the "0" folder. The problem is the way CM and Touchwiz mount the file system - they don't do it the same way. So when you do a factory reset in CWM, it doesn't clear out one of those folders. (I found this thread helpful - especially posts 2 & 4) I had major data problems on CM10 for 2-3 months, then I found this out.

After you do that go back to stock. Make sure you download the keep root file as well.

To play it safe, once stock, I highly recommend entering ##72786# in your dialer. The phone will grab the latest prl and update your profile. Whether or not you want to update the software (incl modem) is up to you, but I'd rather not get into the knox world.

Verify working gps. (I prefer "GPS Status")

Then go back to CM11.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altimuh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scorpnet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I will try that out thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

altimuh
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpnet View Post
I will try that out thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Update us on your progress.

If it works, consider hitting the thanks button - at the very least the guy in that other thread - I know I thanked him - his info saved me from going crazy!!!

I had working data (3g/LTE) on any touchwiz, but not on CM. It turned out that I had some corrupted data that wasn't getting deleted upon a factory reset. After I cleared out that data, everything was fine.

Hope your phone is back to normal!

scorpnet
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Finally was able to download everything and run the tip, Thanks a lot dude! That helped and that did it ! I got 4g Back and everything is all peachy!!! Thanks again!