XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading to New Transformer TF701

Tip us?

cecilyen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Upgrading to New Transformer TF701

My Transformer TF101 has been my primary working and entertaining slate for more than two years. Thank for the support from developers here, it still rocks these days. However, I am keen on getting a retina-display like screen for a while. Recently, Asus released its new generation of Transformer TF701t equiped with the latest Sharp IGZO display. The screen is gorgeous and Tegra 4 is fast like blaze. I immediate decided to upgrade my tablet. Now, I am quite happy with my new tablet except their are no custom ROM yet. TF701t is rootable and Asus has release JB 4.3 for it.
So, it is just a matter of time that new custom ROM will come out. I wish my comments will attract more TF101users to buy this tablet and more developers to work in it then.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!
Phone: HTC One XL (PAC-man 4.4 ROM 20140406, S-Off)
Tablet: Acer A510 (PAC-man 4.4 ROM 20140409)
Media Player: Asus Transformer 101 (KatKiss 4.4 ROM #023c)
For sale: Asus Transformer 701 (Stock 4.3 ROM 10.26.1.18, Unrooted yet)

yeatsie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilyen View Post
My Transformer TF101 has been my primary working and entertaining slate for more than two years. Thank for the support from developers here, it still rocks these days. However, I am keen on getting a retina-display like screen for a while. Recently, Asus released its new generation of Transformer TF701t equiped with the latest Sharp IGZO display. The screen is gorgeous and Tegra 4 is fast like blaze. I immediate decided to upgrade my tablet. Now, I am quite happy with my new tablet except their are no custom ROM yet. TF701t is rootable and Asus has release JB 4.3 for it.
So, it is just a matter of time that new custom ROM will come out. I wish my comments will attract more TF101users to buy this tablet and more developers to work in it then.

Just upgraded to the TF701T myself - happy days - its amazing. screen unparalleled, speed unbelievable, UI unobtrusively polished.
Merry christmas indeed

hks1234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mmh, what I read about the TF701 is not really promising and it seems no one is creating a custom rom
for it by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilyen View Post

just lou
Old
Thanks Meter 552
I'm done with the TF line. I had a TF201, and it was a POS. I still have my TF101, which ASUS completely abandoned while it was still in production. I only still have it because timduru kept it usable with his KatKiss ROMS.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to just lou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orion2323
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I keep telling myself that my TF101 is just as good as the new ones, since it runs Android 4.4.2

Berend de Boer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Heh! Me too.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app