5,594,077 Members 46,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Photo comparison: Ultra Z vs Nex-6 vs ZGPAX vs Finepix 2650

Tip us?

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 12th January 2014 at 11:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Default Photo comparison: Ultra Z vs Nex-6 vs ZGPAX vs Finepix 2650

So I was going to test my Smartwatch ZGPAX S5 vs an old Fuji Finepix 2650 (2MP) and decided to just test the Xperia Z as well and use the NEX-6 as the control image if you will.

Nothing scientific..just me wasting some time for a quick experiment!
The images have been named to identify the device and which APP was used to take the image as well.
This is under a normal room lightning condition as going into even lower light levels I do not expect miracles from any of them aside from the NEX.

I did a quicker test before taking a pic of a violin on a wall and on that test the Xperia really looked bad so I would have to do that again to confirm if that is the case. In fact, it looked so bad that I was expecting it to be one of the worst during this Cobra Commander test but it was not. I think the A Better Camera did the best job for the Xperia although closely followed by Camera Zoom.
Regards

PS Just in case, after you click on the small preview to open the new window, you can click on it again for the full size image if you want to compare all the detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NEX-6.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	2486723   Click image for larger version

Name:	UltraStockCamera.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	2486724   Click image for larger version

Name:	UltraABetterCamera.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	2486750   Click image for larger version

Name:	UltraCameraZoom.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	2486751   Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-ZGPAX (2).jpg
Views:	386
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	2486752  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-ZGPAX.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	2486753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finepix2650.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	2486754   Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC AMAZE.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	2501161   Click image for larger version

Name:	STOCK4.3 ISO 50DSC_0021.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	2511805  

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel
The Following User Says Thank You to shaolin95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ps000000
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I am not camera veteran / expert

Can you make conclusion to average user ?

Thanks
Current
- Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) P601 - 3G

My history
Android - Galaxy S2 (i9100T) , Dell Streak 5 , Tab 7 Plus (P6200L) , Galaxy Nexus (Maguro), Note 2 (N7100) , Galaxy S4 (i9505), Galaxy Mega 6.3 (i9205) , Galaxy Note3 (N9005) , Xperia Z Ultra (C6833)
iOS - iPhone 4 - 16GB , iPhone 4S - 16GB , iPhone 5 - 16GB , iPad 3 - WiFi - 16GB
Windows Phone - Lumia 920

PC - i5-2500K + Asus HD7970TOP + water cooling
Laptop - Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 - i7 2760QM + HD 6770M

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
That's kind of an unfair test. The NEX (which I own and love) is a DSL class camera for semipros. The rest including the ZU (which I own and love too) is kiddie stuff in comparison. I mean, the Finepix is from 2003

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancress View Post
That's kind of an unfair test. The NEX (which I own and love) is a DSL class camera for semipros. The rest including the ZU (which I own and love too) is kiddie stuff in comparison. I mean, the Finepix is from 2003
hahah the NEX-6 was more of the Control image to see which one got closer to it
I would say if you want to improve the low light performance of the Ultra slightly from the horrible compression of the stock camera, either go with A Better Camera or ProCapture. Pro Capture has a noise reduction option which takes a couple of images and processes them, and there is something similar on A Better Camera as well.
Or get a NEX camera if you really are serious about your photos

"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i wasn't too serious either but getting a NEX is good advice anyway. best camera i ever had, including several large canons. you won't shoot a vogue cover with it but for everything else there's IMHO no better price-performance-ratio.

shaolin95
Old
(Last edited by shaolin95; 8th January 2014 at 12:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Oh yes, the NEX lineup is outstanding. I have seen some pros mixing their PRO camera pics with the NEX and you cant really tell which is which ...quite impressive!
BTW, I just tested a HTC Amaze with the 8MP camera which when it came out seem to have been received positively and dare I say the Ultra actually looks better!
Testing without the flash benefit of course which is sort of cheating I guess lol

UPDATE:
Just added the HTC Amaze also an 8MP camera.

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Just a small update.
Added another pic with stock camera but ISO 50 and I will say, it looks pretty good to me. In fact, when its possible to use that type of ISO without blurring the image, I would go for the stock camera.