5,597,198 Members 43,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MTP and timestamps with transferring files

Tip us?

Sorainzo
Old
(Last edited by Sorainzo; 28th January 2014 at 06:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Post MTP and timestamps with transferring files

Hello. Anyone know how to keep the "creation" timestamp date when transferring files from the phone? It seems like with the MTP transfer protocol that the phone uses (unlike regular mass storage), every time you transfer files OFF of the phone (since the phone uses MTP instead of mass-storage), it changes the "creation" timestamp date, which is pretty annoying, and screws up the way you arrange things, such as pictures, etc. I tried .zips, .rars, .tar.gzs, ftp, etc. and all keeps changing the "creation" date. It's like MTP recreates the file or something, yet it keeps the "modification" date, which is weird.

I tried using a program to just mass-modify all the files to match the creation date with the modification date, which would essentially be a resolution to the problem, however that program is a little wonky and wont match them for some reason.

So, if anyone knows of a way to get files off of the phone, by any means, and keep the "creation" timestamp or has a program that can match files' creation dates to modify dates in bulk, please let me know, thanks.
Current Device: HTC One X+ (AT&T Edition, Using On T-Mobile) w/ Stock Android 4.1.1

{Previous Devices: HTC Amaze 4G (T-Mobile) w/ Stock Android 4.0 -- HTC HD2 TMOUS; HSPL: 2.08.HSPL; Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14; Bootloader: MAGLDR 1.13; Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.0; Android ROM: NexusHD2-Gingerbread v2.9 NAND (Android 2.3.5) | Kernel: tytung_r11; External Storage: Kingston 8GB Class 4 SDHC Card}

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 890
Try using a wifi transfer app? :/.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

Sorainzo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
Try using a wifi transfer app? :/.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
Tried 2 Wifi Apps, AirDroid and Wifi File Transfer, and although thy are fantastic apps, they do not get the job done. Even when the files are downloaded through those apps, it STILL changes the date. You can "Copy" or "Move" the file, the phone still changes the date.

I know someone has run into this problem with MTP transfers before.
Current Device: HTC One X+ (AT&T Edition, Using On T-Mobile) w/ Stock Android 4.1.1

{Previous Devices: HTC Amaze 4G (T-Mobile) w/ Stock Android 4.0 -- HTC HD2 TMOUS; HSPL: 2.08.HSPL; Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14; Bootloader: MAGLDR 1.13; Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.0; Android ROM: NexusHD2-Gingerbread v2.9 NAND (Android 2.3.5) | Kernel: tytung_r11; External Storage: Kingston 8GB Class 4 SDHC Card}