Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touch Screen Unresponsive

Tip us?

Tamiis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Touch Screen Unresponsive

Hi everyone, first of all sorry if there is a post already addressing this issue, I did search the forum for an answer but I'm already desperate. Yesterday I got s-off, SuperCID and all, I was on firmware 4.1 I believe and updated through fastboot to 4.2.24 since I read that touchscreen drivers were changed or something like that, after flashing the 4.2.2 update I flashed 4.3.22 and everything went right until I tried accessing the phone, my touchscreen is dead, everything else is ok, I did a backup using TWRP before doing the updates but I can't use TWRP since my touchscreen doesn't work. I read that TWRP doesn't work with new firmwares and that I have to update it, so my questions are, is there a way to fix my screen without doing the backup? if there isn't if I flash the latests TWRP version will it erase my backup? or do I have to restore to stock? I'm kind of a noob as you can see, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

bygrave
Old
(Last edited by bygrave; 12th January 2014 at 05:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Wich twrp did u flash..no if u flash another twrp recovery u will not loose your bk up

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
ITS NICE TO BE NICE,,SO IF IV HELPED YOU IN ANYWAY AT ALL GIVE THE THANKS BUTTON A TOUCH
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............

Tamiis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere74 View Post
Wich twrp did u flash

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Hi, thanks for taking time to reply, from the TWRP home screen it says it's v2.5.0.0, I unlocked and rooted last year sometime around July, but I did all the s-off and SuperCID stuff yesterday along with my last android backup.

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 905

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiis View Post
Hi, thanks for taking time to reply, from the TWRP home screen it says it's v2.5.0.0, I unlocked and rooted last year sometime around July, but I did all the s-off and SuperCID stuff yesterday along with my last android backup.
Update to openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

touch should be restored
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Tamiis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

touch should be restored[/QUOTE]

Thanks clsA!!! my TWRP now works, so now I only need to restore my android backup I did before updating and I'll go back to my previous firmware? I have an OTA update pending that's why I did the firmware update following Vomer's Ultimate AIO Guide and got the touchscreen problems, I'm trying to update to 4.3.x to use team 5even sense kernel, any recommendations you could give me to finally update without loosing root, and s-off and such?

clsA
Old
(Last edited by clsA; 13th January 2014 at 12:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 905

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiis View Post

Thanks clsA!!! my TWRP now works, so now I only need to restore my android backup I did before updating and I'll go back to my previous firmware? I have an OTA update pending that's why I did the firmware update following Vomer's Ultimate AIO Guide and got the touchscreen problems, I'm trying to update to 4.3.x to use team 5even sense kernel, any recommendations you could give me to finally update without loosing root, and s-off and such?

if your trying to return to stock for OTA Updates theirs 2 good guides for that.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
and
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358738

STAY S-OFF
HTC One 32 GB AT&T