Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone shuts down immediatly after screen lights up

Tip us?

Superman22x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone shuts down immediatly after screen lights up

I'm not sure what has happened here. I pulled the phone out of my pocket, and it was frozen. So I held the power button for 10s and it turned off. Since then, it won't turn back on. Usually it lights up for about a second on the "Quietly Brilliant" screen then shuts back off. It has gotten stuck on that screen, with the phone vibrating a few times. And if I hold the volume down and power button, it will show the boot loader screen for a second before shutting down again. I have no idea what happened here... It's really annoying. I've had so many issues with my EVO LTE in the past few months, it's ridiculous. I own two, and the other one is currently on it's way back from HTC after it's second warranty repair in as many months. This one is rooted running MeanBean. S-On if I remember right.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
I would put a good charge on it overnight and try and power it on in the morning and see what happens. If you can keep it powered up, I'd run a RUU and go from there. If you continue to have issues, I'd look into getting the phone repaired or replaced.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Superman22x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm fairly certain the charge is good. It had only been off the charger a few hours, and it sat on my desk unused most of the day.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1785

DONATE TO ME
How old is the phone?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Superman22x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not actually sure. I bought it on ebay a month ago when I had to send my other EVO LTE in for repairs.

Superman22x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any other thoughts? Or if it's a hardware issue, any idea of what part to replace? I'm going to try charging it for a few hours and see if it changes, but I don't think that's it.

GoblinZ
Old
Thanks Meter 378
My wife had this trouble with another device, bottom line was it was due to a short/reset loop because of a Hardware issue.