Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone shuts down immediatly after screen lights up

OP Superman22x

13th January 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

59 posts
I'm not sure what has happened here. I pulled the phone out of my pocket, and it was frozen. So I held the power button for 10s and it turned off. Since then, it won't turn back on. Usually it lights up for about a second on the "Quietly Brilliant" screen then shuts back off. It has gotten stuck on that screen, with the phone vibrating a few times. And if I hold the volume down and power button, it will show the boot loader screen for a second before shutting down again. I have no idea what happened here... It's really annoying. I've had so many issues with my EVO LTE in the past few months, it's ridiculous. I own two, and the other one is currently on it's way back from HTC after it's second warranty repair in as many months. This one is rooted running MeanBean. S-On if I remember right.
13th January 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,113

3,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would put a good charge on it overnight and try and power it on in the morning and see what happens. If you can keep it powered up, I'd run a RUU and go from there. If you continue to have issues, I'd look into getting the phone repaired or replaced.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
13th January 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

59 posts
I'm fairly certain the charge is good. It had only been off the charger a few hours, and it sat on my desk unused most of the day.
13th January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 2,113

3,876 posts
Donate to Me
More
How old is the phone?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
13th January 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

59 posts
I'm not actually sure. I bought it on ebay a month ago when I had to send my other EVO LTE in for repairs.
13th January 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

59 posts
Any other thoughts? Or if it's a hardware issue, any idea of what part to replace? I'm going to try charging it for a few hours and see if it changes, but I don't think that's it.
15th January 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 380

170 posts
My wife had this trouble with another device, bottom line was it was due to a short/reset loop because of a Hardware issue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread