OP champ784

10th January 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Midlothian
Thanks Meter: 23

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys! Maybe I am really bad at finding stuff, but could someone clearly post the stock ICS software for the blaze? For all the recoveries to go back to stock, I keep finding the gingerbread ones. I currently am running CM 11, and if anything goes wrong, I know that I need to use the ICS recovery, rather than the gingerbread one. Thank you in advance for helping a helpless noob! XP

Sent from The Doctor's Nexus 7
10th January 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #2  
Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 58

181 posts
More
This is what I used for a cwm flashable stock ICS ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329081
For recoveries they should be listed in the blaze bible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app
10th January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
Frisco
Thanks Meter: 127

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ784

Hey guys! Maybe I am really bad at finding stuff, but could someone clearly post the stock ICS software for the blaze? For all the recoveries to go back to stock, I keep finding the gingerbread ones. I currently am running CM 11, and if anything goes wrong, I know that I need to use the ICS recovery, rather than the gingerbread one. Thank you in advance for helping a helpless noob! XP

FOR EVERYONE HAVING ANY PROBLEMS RETURNING TO STOCK FIRMWARE READ THIS

So first register at www.sammobile.com, then search SGH-T769 under firmware and download the August 2012 ICS or The Feb 2013 ICS Firmware, wait for the download to finish (took me 30 minutes) then extract which ever firmware zip you downloaded then using Odin click on PDA and select the .md5 file which is located in the extracted ICS Firmware Folder that you've downloaded from sammobile.com

Download the PIT file here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1919228

Click on PIT in Odin and then select the one downloaded from the link above

Edit: I believe the pit file download link at that thread no longer works but if I remember correctly the pit file isn't needed (it's not do or die) you can continue without it your phone will be fine

then make sure re-partition isn't checked and start the flashing process after it is done flashing and reboots you'll have stock ICS.

*IF YOU WANT TO ROOT IT READ BELOW*

to root it simply follow the instructions over at the root ics stock thread found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1919228

This will flash a custom recovery and once the recovery is flashed using Odin reboot into recovery and flash the superuser.zip then you'll have Rooted Stock ICS Firmware

*BOOT LOOP MIGHT OCCUR*
To fix boot looping after flashing stock ICS just boot into stock recovery and wipe data and cache then reboot or on custom recover wipe cache and dalvik cache reboot and you're good to go.

If I helped you in anyway don't be afraid to hit thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jserrano56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Midlothian
Thanks Meter: 23

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot man! I was rooting my mom's phone (we all got blazes... Go figure!) and ran into an issue when I ran into a bootloop the first time I tried rooting... When I tried undoing the softbrick, I accidentally loaded the gingerbread stock back on, rather than ICS, and found that her SD partition was inaccessible. Thankfully, using the stock ICS, I reverted back to it and then rooted again when done with that. She's now on ProvisionMod, and its running smooth as butter! I was hesitant to put her on Kitkat cuz I know the camera bug still needs to be worked out... But when that's fixed, I plan on putting her on something like CM 11 when its all said and done. Thanks to all the helpful developers who made all of this possible! You guys are the best!!!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread