Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,479 Members 37,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrading?

Tip us?

wilywizzzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Downgrading?

I have Samsung Galaxy S III T999 that I had downgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1 and I was able to unlock it through out by dialing and going to menu.
Every thing went ok and I was able to do it without any problem.
Few weeks after I restored my phone and some how by mistake I upgraded to 4.3
and now I can't downgraded my phone it keep giving me fail on odin.
I see so many how to downgrade and I tried it twice and keep failing without bricking my phone I was able to get back to my phone.
Is there any thing that allow me to downgrade or I have to wait for mods to come up with answers.
Thank you very much

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 653
You're lucky you didn't brick your device.. If you want to downgrade the only way to do it right now is to flash a custom recovery in Odin like twrp or cwm, and then flash a 4.1.x ROM

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TronMinecraft
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
You're lucky you didn't brick your device.. If you want to downgrade the only way to do it right now is to flash a custom recovery in Odin like twrp or cwm, and then flash a 4.1.x ROM

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Is that working now? I had thought you couldn't go back once you had upgraded to 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to TronMinecraft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aussie88
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TronMinecraft View Post
Is that working now? I had thought you couldn't go back once you had upgraded to 4.3
You can go back and flash any 4.1.X ROM, just don't Odin any official 4.1.X firmware coz that will downgrade your bootloader and result in a a most probable brick.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aussie88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]