5,815,265 Members 39,396 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sorry to ask, but I need help please.

Tip us?

meadowsja
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Sorry to ask, but I need help please.

I messed up. I was trying to root my Kindle Fire to get Google apps on my kindle. I am a Paramedic and use some apps that aren't available on the kindle store. I have since bought a Samsung tab 3 for myself and I"m giving the Kindle Fire to a friend who needs one.

I used TWRP v2.1.1 and everything seemed to be going ok, that and the normal kindle loaded just fine. I didn't have a change to play with it much, I'm a noob (obviously)

Before giving it to my friend I was going to restore it to factory settings. I did so in the normal kindle load. It turned off and now I can get it to load into TWRP only. The gray screen comes up, Instal, Backup, ext. It won't, however, load into the kindle fire interface anymore. It just goes to the white and orange KF screen and gets stuck, no animation. If I run the Kindle Fire Utility on my PC I can change it to 4000 and 4002. Thats about it... None of the other things seem to work. I can click on them, and they seem to load but nothing happens. I tried to use the "Obtain stock update" and nothing happened. All I want to do is get the original KF interface back for my friend I'm going to be giving this to. Is there a simple program a noob like me can use? I have read and read here on the forums for a few days and I'm more confused now than ever. Partially because I keep getting called for 911's in the middle of reading, lol. I'm sorry to bother you all, but if you can help me I'd appreciate it. I"ve already promised this thing to her and will just have to buy another one if I cant fix it.

meadowsja
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowsja View Post
I messed up. I was trying to root my Kindle Fire to get Google apps on my kindle. I am a Paramedic and use some apps that aren't available on the kindle store. I have since bought a Samsung tab 3 for myself and I"m giving the Kindle Fire to a friend who needs one.

I used TWRP v2.1.1 and everything seemed to be going ok, that and the normal kindle loaded just fine. I didn't have a change to play with it much, I'm a noob (obviously)

Before giving it to my friend I was going to restore it to factory settings. I did so in the normal kindle load. It turned off and now I can get it to load into TWRP only. The gray screen comes up, Instal, Backup, ext. It won't, however, load into the kindle fire interface anymore. It just goes to the white and orange KF screen and gets stuck, no animation. If I run the Kindle Fire Utility on my PC I can change it to 4000 and 4002. Thats about it... None of the other things seem to work. I can click on them, and they seem to load but nothing happens. I tried to use the "Obtain stock update" and nothing happened. All I want to do is get the original KF interface back for my friend I'm going to be giving this to. Is there a simple program a noob like me can use? I have read and read here on the forums for a few days and I'm more confused now than ever. Partially because I keep getting called for 911's in the middle of reading, lol. I'm sorry to bother you all, but if you can help me I'd appreciate it. I"ve already promised this thing to her and will just have to buy another one if I cant fix it.

I gave up going back to stock, apparently I'm not intelligent enough to ask proper questions and give proper info or nobody knew how to help. However, I was able to flash over a ROM from here, pretty easy, just not what I wanted to do. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1451747

Anyway, ty for the site and resources. Delete if you wish, I just thought I'd update in-case someone was watching with the same problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to meadowsja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]