Default [Q] Note 3 Version/ROM/Language Local or Overseas

Hi All,

New to the forum so if I get anything wrong make sure you let me know!

Currently have a S4 but am looking to move to a Note 3 SM-N9005. In the past I have purchased my mobile devices off our local carriers in New Zealand (Vodafone, Telecom, 2 Degrees)

This time however I cant help but notice some of the savings when purchasing overseas models so thought I would look in to it. Have been reading and searching through a lot of info and just wanted to confirm that I am making the correct decision or get some advice.

I am looking for a model that is unlocked, has a English default language (if there is a "default") and does not have Software/ROM that relates to a particular carrier. Also I have been told that some versions will only receive updates once a carrier approves them but the international versions receive updates directly from Samsung? Can anyone provide more detail on this?

According to this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459328

As far as I can tell my local carriers use the same model/version/software?

Build Date: 30.10.2013 -> Region: TNZ (New Zealand) PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7 Changelist: 2019540 Android: 4.3
Build Date: 30.10.2013 -> Region: NZC (New Zeland) PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7 Changelist: 2019540 Android: 4.3
Build Date: 30.10.2013 -> Region: VNZ (New Zealand (Vodafone)) PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7 Changelist: 2019540 Android: 4.3

And from what I can see they share this with many other providers from many other countries.

My question is, if I purchase a Note 3 from an international supplier and it matches the details in the rows above, am I going to end up with the exact same phone that I would have if I brought from a local carrier?

If not could someone highlight what will be different and provide any extra info to help me out? Also will the "SIM Region Lock" that people have been talking about apply to any of these models?

Just wanting to check with people who know about this stuff before I spend nearly $1000 on the wrong phone!

All help appreciated,

Cheers,
Dan