5,597,198 Members 41,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official CyanogenMod 11.0 M1 (Android 4.4 Kitkat) now available for the Nexus 10!

Tip us?

lilbigdude1
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdn View Post
Having same issue. I also lost camera and gallery in app drawer. Found the apk in system/app but even trying to install clicking on them says installation failed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You have to go in and delete the old files and install the apps, mine did the same thing and that's what fixed my issue.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
latest AOKP......SGH-I337 32GB

Where you end up, depends on where you started

jodvova
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Can anyone explain how to make Camera and Gallery from PA gapps work ?

I'm running Dec 21 CM11 nightly and flashed latest "Google stock package" PA gapps.

Initially I didn't find them in apps drawer because I had runtime set to Dalvik, but after changing it to ART, I do see the apps, but I cannot start them. They immediately fail with "Unfortunately, gallery stopped working" error.

Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

lilbigdude1
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post

I'm running Dec 21 CM11 nightly and flashed latest "Google stock package" PA gapps.

Initially I didn't find them in apps drawer because I had runtime set to Dalvik, but after changing it to ART, I do see the apps, but I cannot start them. They immediately fail with "Unfortunately, gallery stopped working" error.

Anyone?

The only way that I've gotten them to work is to run "SD maid" and install them separately. I know its not the best answer but it works for now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
latest AOKP......SGH-I337 32GB

Where you end up, depends on where you started

Gvdn
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post

Anyone?

Flash Famigo Apps. You will have both back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gvdn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mastahdeano
Old
(Last edited by mastahdeano; 27th December 2013 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default my keyboard won't work after flashing

Using a Google Nexus 10 / manta

Coming from buttered unicorns (awesome) to cm 11 12/26 nightlies I did a data wipe, then cache wipe, flashed cm then flashed gapps... I'm not capable of posting in the cm11 discussion so....

The opening screen comes up then error messages... One of which being my keyboard has stopped working... Can't really do much like that... Help? I'm kind of a noob but I can handle my self okay.

newellj79
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahdeano View Post
Using a Google Nexus 10 / manta

Coming from buttered unicorns (awesome) to cm 11 12/26 nightlies I did a data wipe, then cache wipe, flashed cm then flashed gapps... I'm not capable of posting in the cm11 discussion so....

The opening screen comes up then error messages... One of which being my keyboard has stopped working... Can't really do much like that... Help? I'm kind of a noob but I can handle my self okay.
Are you sure you flashed 4.4 gapps?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

mastahdeano
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default you got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
Are you sure you flashed 4.4 gapps?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
I guess I didn't. I just followed the given link for stock gapps and it says 4.3 but I figured they were compatible or why else would it be there. I flashed PA 4.4 gapps this time and I'm running smooth.... CM 11 12\26

Seems to be missing some things I liked about ButteredUnicorns, the aroma installer was a unique but I can live without it, however I will definitely miss having the nav and notifications bars combined at the bottom. This is definitely smoother though by a noticeable amount. Well see how the battery holds up. Thanks for the help.

wian
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm considering switching to CM11. How is battery life with CM11 vs stock?

jlvlawrence
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Is anybody else getting random reboots on the two most recent nightlies? They occur while the tablet is just setting idle. I tried to get a last_kmsg, but noting turned up in it.
Sent from my Googley Chromebook

Tags
nexus10 cm11 android 4.4 kitkat