Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Caution when Updating to Cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?

pheonixxdark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Smile Caution when Updating to Cyanogenmod 11

Hello friends
Just want to let you know from experience of course...... if your updating your tab cm10.2 to cm11 via ota updater or even manually make sure you update your CWM to a higher version. If you dont you will end up in a cwm boot loop. Theres no official cwm higher version but you can find a custom version easily. Also remember to update Gaaps 4.4.2..
Incase you get to a cwm bootloop dont panic. Leave the tab as it. Take out the sd card and download and copy to sd car the previous version cm10.2 and gapps. After update via cwm normaly. Dont wipe anything etc.. Just renoot.. Your tab will resume to cm old version.
Im no big tech guy. Just experienced the above and sorted myself.. My device is P5100...my tab is running on Cyanogenmod 11 android 4.4.2 and its so smooth i just love it.....

black87
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixxdark View Post
Hello friends
Just want to let you know from experience of course...... if your updating your tab cm10.2 to cm11 via ota updater or even manually make sure you update your CWM to a higher version. If you dont you will end up in a cwm boot loop. Theres no official cwm higher version but you can find a custom version easily. Also remember to update Gaaps 4.4.2..
Incase you get to a cwm bootloop dont panic. Leave the tab as it. Take out the sd card and download and copy to sd car the previous version cm10.2 and gapps. After update via cwm normaly. Dont wipe anything etc.. Just renoot.. Your tab will resume to cm old version.
Im no big tech guy. Just experienced the above and sorted myself.. My device is P5100...my tab is running on Cyanogenmod 11 android 4.4.2 and its so smooth i just love it.....
Nope, when use older cwm, it will result status 7 error, not bootloop.

Thanks me if my post USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to black87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pheonixxdark
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by black87 View Post
Nope, when use older cwm, it will result status 7 error, not bootloop.
Your are correct.. What i meant was after this happen the device wont bootup it just comes back to cwm recovery.. Its goes around... Sucks bigtime

jeffjohan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have a link for the 4.4.2 Gapps? Thanks

pheonixxdark
Old
(Last edited by pheonixxdark; 13th January 2014 at 03:31 AM.) Reason: correction
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Gapps link

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjohan View Post
Have a link for the 4.4.2 Gapps? Thanks
i got it from here
megadotcodotnz/#F!KEdCFDrB!C5xHHQ6ntj4Xoey7EfRlkw[/url]

(replace "dots" with ".")