I got the case in today and as apparently everyone knows already, this case is quality made. I previously had a Ringke fusion case on my N5 and liked being able to see the nexus logo, but hated the tpu layer and how the back collected dust every time it was put into a pocket. I decided to go with a more traditional 2 layer case and I thought that the Seidio Dilex looked the best out of the ones currently available.
- After seeing the product in person, I'm immediately sold on this design. The case is much darker black than it appears on the website (bright lighting in their product photos) and the rubberized coating on the PC layer is the classic silky smooth texture that Seidio is known for and has used for years. On a side note, the other colors are actually really nice looking too if you prefer something other than black and it looks like they have the same texture coating. The case feels really good in hand because of the soft texture and the silicone actually feels really similar.
- The kickstand also adds just a little weight to the bottom of the phone and makes it somewhat easier to balance, hold and manipulate with one hand. Speaking of the kickstand, it's actually aluminum instead of plastic which is a nice touch. The best part is that the kickstand is spring loaded (slightly) to the outward position but also contains a magnet to hold it securely in place when not in use. It appears to be pretty well attached to the case so hopefully it will hold up over time.
- The ports are all pretty well lined up with the cutouts and they seem big enough to accommodate most cables.
- Qi charging works just fine, at least on the cheap chinese one I also got in today. NFC doesn't appear to be affected either, although I only tried once.
- I'm currently using a Nillkin glass screen protector and it appears that the silicone is soft enough not to interfere with the edges of the screen protector. May not be the same with other brands.
- The only thing I can think of is that because the outer layer only presses the edges in the middle and corners, the silicone seems to be a little loose or saggy inbetween the "arms" of the outer shell. I'm hoping that settles into place over time but if it catches on my pockets too much, it might actually get worse.
- The sticky texture is great for grip, but also picks up a lot of dust, but that's not news to anyone who has used a silicone case before.
In conclusion, I'd probably give this case 4.7 out of 5 stars. I like just about everything about it but I wish the silicone they used was just a little less pliable.
Pictures of the Case
Sorry, I know the pictures are garbage (I had to take them with my old phone so the N5 could be in the case) but I'd be happy to answer any questions y'all might have.