Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,717 Members 44,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using CyanogenMod's DSPManager on stock

Tip us?

bokaboka
Old
(Last edited by bokaboka; 12th January 2014 at 03:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Using CyanogenMod's DSPManager on stock

Is there a way to get DSPManager.apk from CM11 to run on stock? I find it's the one app I really miss - it just makes everything sound richer and fuller/more immersive to me.

There's a DSP Manager in the play store but it's not the same thing and doesn't provide the same functionality.

I tried just copying over and installing the APK from the CM11 package (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595464) - it'll install and run but none of the settings have any effect so I uninstalled it.

-edit-
Turns out this is the proper package to install : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393138
I flashed it in stock (3e) recovery and it gave a message saying "signature verification failed" (or similar) but continued on to say installation successful, followed by rebooting, but afterwards, there is no DSPmanager app that I can find.

Do I need CWM or something else? Will it trip the KNOX flag?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokaboka View Post
Is there a way to get DSPManager.apk from CM11 to run on stock? I find it's the one app I really miss - it just makes everything sound richer and fuller/more immersive to me.

There's a DSP Manager in the play store but it's not the same thing and doesn't provide the same functionality.

I tried just copying over and installing the APK from the CM11 package (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595464) - it'll install and run but none of the settings have any effect so I uninstalled it.

-edit-
Turns out this is the proper package to install : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2393138
I flashed it in stock (3e) recovery and it gave a message saying "signature verification failed" (or similar) but continued on to say installation successful, followed by rebooting, but afterwards, there is no DSPmanager app that I can find.

Do I need CWM or something else? Will it trip the KNOX flag?
Potentially it could be that it was/is wrote for CM's base and framework therefore won't run on TW. However it may just need the correct permissions set and over wrote via a root explorer/editor.

CWM will trip KNOX yes if you install it.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

blackknightavalon
Old
Thanks Meter 392
Wouldn't it be easier to just install Viper? Same basic UI, except Viper needs to download a driver or two.
HTC Dream (G1) 12/2008-04/2010
Motorola MB200 (Cliq) 04/2010-11/2010
HTC Vision (G2) 11/2010-01/2014
HTC Doubleshot (MyTouch 4G Slide) 05/2011-06/2012
B&N Acclaim (Nook Tablet) 03/2012-12/2013
Samsung GT-I8190 (GS3 mini) 01/2013-04/2013
Samsung SGH-M919 (T-Mobile GS4) 04/2013-Backup
Samsung SM-V700 (Galaxy Gear) 12/2013-Current
Samsung N9005 (Int'l Galaxy Note 3) 12/2013-Current
Samsung SM-G900T (T-Mobile GS5) 04/2014-Current

bokaboka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I remember playing with both DSP Manager and Viper back on CM10 and at that time, I definitely preferred the sound coming out of DSP Manager. The viper features either were very subjectively indistinguishable to me (like bumping up sampling rates for flac files etc) or sounded like the gimmicky EQ changes that are available in the stock software.

In any case I may have to install CWM some time just to try to get it to install properly - is that definitely what's causing the package signature error when I try to install it from 3e recovery?
Tags
dsp manager dspmanager stock