FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Verizon galaxy s 3 battery life fix plz help

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sgtkaufman, Junior Member on 12th January 2014, 05:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I'm looking for help fixing my galaxy s 3 battery life. It is running android 4.3. The GPS problem that others have experienced I am not experiencing. I'm not rooted. Everything is stock. I have a few apps disabled such as Google plus etc. I'm just looking to find a cause and hopefully a fix to my problem. I'm losing 1 to 3 percent an hour while idle. While in use I could drop 6 to 10 percent an hour. I am a moderate user. I mostly use facebook, music apps and web browsing. I also have sync turned off for facebook and Google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
12th January 2014, 05:42 AM |#2  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,651
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkaufman

Hi, I'm brand new to this site. I'm looking for help fixing my galaxy s 3 battery life. It is running android 4.3. The GPS problem that others have experienced I am not experiencing. I'm not rooted. Everything is stock. I have a few apps disabled such as Google plus etc. I'm just looking to find a cause and hopefully a fix to my problem. I'm losing 1 to 3 percent an hour while idle. While in use I could drop 6 to 10 percent an hour. I am a moderate user. I mostly use facebook, music apps and web browsing. I also have sync turned off for facebook and Google.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Download wakelock detector from the market and run it. Also go into settings -> account and tab on location, make sure location reporting is turn off.
12th January 2014, 05:55 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok I turned location services off. Here is a screenshot of wakelock what am I looking for? I also uninstalled the facebook app because I read that's a battery killer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1389506114206.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	2510294  
12th January 2014, 06:18 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Download wakelock detector from the market and run it. Also go into settings -> account and tab on location, make sure location reporting is turn off.

Also I don't know if this will help but here are some screen shots from a better battery stats app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1389507472949.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	2510327  
12th January 2014, 06:25 AM |#5  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,651
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkaufman

Also I don't know if this will help but here are some screen shots from a better battery stats app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not really, just download the wakelock detector and run it,
12th January 2014, 07:01 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
And it will fix my problems?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th January 2014, 06:11 PM |#7  
SC-Claim's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Mt. Pleasant, SC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm stock, because. I don't know how to root, and the 4.3 is a massive disappoint to me - the battery drain is extraordinarily high. 3 hours of light use drained 50% juice.

On the VZ forums, people are livid.

Samsung Galaxy S3
13th January 2014, 03:22 AM |#8  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 380
 
More
My bro experiencing lag on his fone after 4.3 update he also dislike clock widget on lockscreen.
He was experiencing crappy battery but after he install wakelock and deleted apps his daughter download his battery improve a bit.
13th January 2014, 03:41 AM |#9  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,651
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-Claim

I'm stock, because. I don't know how to root, and the 4.3 is a massive disappoint to me - the battery drain is extraordinarily high. 3 hours of light use drained 50% juice.

On the VZ forums, people are livid.

Samsung Galaxy S3

Heavy drains are from Google service stuff. Go into settings -> account-> location. tab on location and make sure "location report" turn off. If you have multiple account make sure you turn them all off. Then install wakelock detector from the market and see what else is draining your battery. Verizon stock is not bad on battery,
13th January 2014, 04:30 AM |#10  
SC-Claim's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Mt. Pleasant, SC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Heavy drains are from Google service stuff. Go into settings -> account-> location. tab on location and make sure "location report" turn off. If you have multiple account make sure you turn them all off. Then install wakelock detector from the market and see what else is draining your battery. Verizon stock is not bad on battery,

Wake lock installed, I'll report back.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes