5,600,483 Members 32,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just found a cool battery trick! LOOK!

Tip us?
 
justincodyfox
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wilmington

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Just found a cool battery trick! LOOK!

Hey everyone!

Just bought another blaze to root and mess with. The battery was fried and got wet at some point....Randomly I searched my battery stash...Any GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus battery works with the Blaze!!!! I am using a 1950m Anker Battery with stock KitKat and getting INSANE battery life... Try it out...This could be known already so please don't bombard with duhhhhhs

Thanks
Justin
facebook.com/justincodyfox
The Following User Says Thank You to justincodyfox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jserrano56
Old
#2  
Jserrano56's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 415
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Frisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincodyfox View Post
Hey everyone!

Just bought another blaze to root and mess with. The battery was fried and got wet at some point....Randomly I searched my battery stash...Any GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus battery works with the Blaze!!!! I am using a 1950m Anker Battery with stock KitKat and getting INSANE battery life... Try it out...This could be known already so please don't bombard with duhhhhhs

Thanks
Justin
facebook.com/justincodyfox
Stock kitkat?

Screen shots please of your battery life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Somcom3X
Old
#3  
Somcom3X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 2,240
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dearborn

 
DONATE TO ME
It is the same size on most Samsung phones released around the time. Ex. Exhilarate has same battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

 
Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.
 
justincodyfox
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wilmington

 
DONATE TO ME
Well I can will take a screenshot after I charge it and then let it almost die. The whole point I am trying to make is that there are a TON of bigger batteries for the galaxy nexus line of phones and they work fine in this phone. So it is a good option for someone who is needing more battery life.

Also I am running Slimkat 4.4.2
 
justincodyfox
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wilmington

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jserrano56 View Post
Stock kitkat?

Screen shots please of your battery life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I am running SlimKat 4.4.2
I will post screens soon!
 
Somcom3X
Old
#6  
Somcom3X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 2,240
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dearborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincodyfox View Post
Well I can will take a screenshot after I charge it and then let it almost die. The whole point I am trying to make is that there are a TON of bigger batteries for the galaxy nexus line of phones and they work fine in this phone. So it is a good option for someone who is needing more battery life.

Also I am running Slimkat 4.4.2
The issue with the extended battery's is there are no bigger back covers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

 
Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.
 
justincodyfox
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wilmington

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somcom3X View Post
The issue with the extended battery's is there are no bigger back covers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
Yes I am aware of that. All I am saying is that 1950 and higher ml after market batteries are much more readily available for the galaxy nexus than the blaze 4G. This phone does not have a lot of accessories or battery options. It was barely marketed and I am just trying to help.

thanks,
Justin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justincodyfox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Somcom3X
Old
#8  
Somcom3X's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 2,240
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dearborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincodyfox View Post
Yes I am aware of that. All I am saying is that 1950 and higher ml after market batteries are much more readily available for the galaxy nexus than the blaze 4G. This phone does not have a lot of accessories or battery options. It was barely marketed and I am just trying to help.

thanks,
Justin
I agree with your point
Some ebay listings on aftermarket batteries will have multiple device codenames ( ex. T769).
We are lucky we don't use an exhilarate, those things are below marketed. Rare to find in public at that.
Good luck with your results.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

 
Want to support other phones? Donate a device to Team Carbon.
 
Veliion
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 174
Join Date: Sep 2013
4000mAh enough?

http://www.amazon.com/4000mAh-EXTEND.../dp/B0095SIC2G
Learned the basics of python. Learning Visual Basic!
 
njstein
Old
#10  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 344
Posts: 1,084
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veliion View Post
Does it fit our phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...