FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

Kernel Building

505 posts
Thanks Meter: 147
 
By ShadowsDie, Senior Member on 4th January 2014, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
is it possible to build this kernel: https://github.com/TheWhisp/android_...msung_msm7x27a exactly like this?
or i have to include this deconfig: https://github.com/TesterTerbon/andr...0607be873ae77f
or the deconfig of yazidukrit:
https://github.com/yazidkucrit/kerne...ebon_defconfig
the kernel the whisp has is 3.4.75 and the first deconfig is for 3.4.67 and yazid for 3.0.101
 
 
TripRex
11th January 2014, 03:48 AM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsDie

is it possible to build this kernel: https://github.com/TheWhisp/android_...msung_msm7x27a exactly like this?
or i have to include this deconfig: https://github.com/TesterTerbon/andr...0607be873ae77f
or the deconfig of yazidukrit:
https://github.com/yazidkucrit/kerne...ebon_defconfig
the kernel the whisp has is 3.4.75 and the first deconfig is for 3.4.67 and yazid for 3.0.101

3.4 kernel is for Kitkat 4.4 and since we can only wait for TheWhisp to release Kitkat 4.4 for our Ace Plus because it rightfully belongs to him since he ported it.Yazid kernel is based on 3.0.101 and in order to build that kernel type 'make trebon05_defconfig' using GCC 4.7 toolchains or Linaro 4.7 toolchains.For Ace Plus,not possible to build 3.4 kernel yet but we can build 3.0.101 kernel for CM 10.1

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 11:00 AM |#3  
ShadowsDie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techix18

3.4 kernel is for Kitkat 4.4 and since we can only wait for TheWhisp to release Kitkat 4.4 for our Ace Plus because it rightfully belongs to him since he ported it.Yazid kernel is based on 3.0.101 and in order to build that kernel type 'make trebon05_defconfig' using GCC 4.7 toolchains or Linaro 4.7 toolchains.For Ace Plus,not possible to build 3.4 kernel yet but we can build 3.0.101 kernel for CM 10.1

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

but as ,me and yjosipy we are trying to build 4.4 and when building kernel it requires a deconfig which one i have to use?
TripRex
11th January 2014, 12:14 PM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsDie

but as ,me and yjosipy we are trying to build 4.4 and when building kernel it requires a deconfig which one i have to use?


Use the jena_defconfig at arch/arm/configs/cyanogenmod and make sure you used the latest Google Arm-Eabi GCC toolchain


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 12:40 PM |#5  
ANDROID-000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Is our device really included here?

https://github.com/TheWhisp/android_...msung_msm7x27a
11th January 2014, 01:26 PM |#6  
ShadowsDie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROID-000

Is our device really included here?

https://github.com/TheWhisp/android_...msung_msm7x27a

yes this is the kernel. The same for mini 2 and ace plus
11th January 2014, 01:27 PM |#7  
ShadowsDie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 147
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techix18

Use the jena_defconfig at arch/arm/configs/cyanogenmod and make sure you used the latest Google Arm-Eabi GCC toolchain


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

can't i use tester trebon's deconfig?
TripRex
13th January 2014, 05:19 AM |#8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsDie

can't i use tester trebon's deconfig?


Use the latest trebon_defconfig from Tester trebon.Sorry i forgot to see that it was under the pull requests


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes