Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,042 Members 42,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adhoc networking

Tip us?

GigabitP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Adhoc networking

Well I been helping my sick aunt and she doesn't have WiFi and my phone does not have service so I depend on WiFi. Well I tried to create an adhoc network and my phone sees the network but can't connect. I have heard tell that adhoc is not able to be connected too but searching around has not found an exact result. I have the CyanogenMod Mod 10.2 android 4.3.1 on my phone. I did see something about a WPA supplement fix. Is there a fix for this and if so how. Would be great to be put on the proper course. And I did search. But I didn't find a thread regarding this.

projectisaac
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigabitP View Post
Well I been helping my sick aunt and she doesn't have WiFi and my phone does not have service so I depend on WiFi. Well I tried to create an adhoc network and my phone sees the network but can't connect. I have heard tell that adhoc is not able to be connected too but searching around has not found an exact result. I have the CyanogenMod Mod 10.2 android 4.3.1 on my phone. I did see something about a WPA supplement fix. Is there a fix for this and if so how. Would be great to be put on the proper course. And I did search. But I didn't find a thread regarding this.
When you say you created an ad-hoc network, do you mean you are trying to have a laptop that is connected to a wired network broadcast its wi-fi so your phone can connect by wi-fi to the laptop (and thus the internet)?

GigabitP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectisaac View Post
When you say you created an ad-hoc network, do you mean you are trying to have a laptop that is connected to a wired network broadcast its wi-fi so your phone can connect by wi-fi to the laptop (and thus the internet)?
Used my dlink dwa-130 USB dongle to create an adhoc network on a desktop computer. The desktop has a satellite connection. I was trying to share the connection from the desktop over the adhoc network to my phone with internet connection sharing. But my phone can't connect to the network but sees the security type and ssid.