5,600,919 Members 42,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No adb shell access after flashing stock 4.3

Tip us?
 
cheniro
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] No adb shell access after flashing stock 4.3

Hi All,

I have updated my GS4 (I9500) from 4.2.2 to stock 4.3 (JSS15J.I9500XXUEMJ9)
All went well, I've rooted it with FC-Auto-root and that went well as well.
My problem is that I don't have adb shell access. I get permission denied every time.

I've started looking and got to the conclusion it is Samsung Knox. So I've upgraded SuperSu to the newest version (that should support Knox issues). When that didn't worked, I've installed Titanium backup and deleted all Knox apps but that didn't solve the issue.

I tried to wipe and restore factory through recovery mode, rooted it again using cwm but still, no shell access (some adb pull and adb push). I tried to run adb root, adb remount but nothing solved the issue.

The weird thing is, that for the first 2 minutes after rebooting the device, I do get adb shell access, but then suddenly the device is like 'reconnecting' and I get kicked out of the device's shell and get permission denied.

Can someone please advice? I tried looking in this forum, I seriously searched all google and couldn't find a solution.. I can't work with it without adb shell.

Thanks!
 
cheniro
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheniro View Post
Hi All,

I have updated my GS4 (I9500) from 4.2.2 to stock 4.3 (JSS15J.I9500XXUEMJ9)
All went well, I've rooted it with FC-Auto-root and that went well as well.
My problem is that I don't have adb shell access. I get permission denied every time.

I've started looking and got to the conclusion it is Samsung Knox. So I've upgraded SuperSu to the newest version (that should support Knox issues). When that didn't worked, I've installed Titanium backup and deleted all Knox apps but that didn't solve the issue.

I tried to wipe and restore factory through recovery mode, rooted it again using cwm but still, no shell access (some adb pull and adb push). I tried to run adb root, adb remount but nothing solved the issue.

The weird thing is, that for the first 2 minutes after rebooting the device, I do get adb shell access, but then suddenly the device is like 'reconnecting' and I get kicked out of the device's shell and get permission denied.

Can someone please advice? I tried looking in this forum, I seriously searched all google and couldn't find a solution.. I can't work with it without adb shell.

Thanks!
anyone? help.. I really don't know what to do..

Thanks.
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 11th January 2014 at 05:52 PM.)
#3  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1473
Posts: 1,633
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheniro View Post
anyone? help.. I really don't know what to do..

Thanks.
Phone setting > more > about device > Click build number 5/7 times until you see android developer sign , then press go back Developer option > turn it on on top and tick USB debugging. Open supersu app ,check if there's adb or something, click and choose Grant then save.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.



If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
 
cheniro
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Didn't solve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Phone setting > more > about device > Click build number 5/7 times until you see android developer sign , then press go back Developer option > turn it on on top and tick USB debugging. Open supersu app ,check if there's adb or something, click and choose Grant then save.
USB debugging was on. SuperSU don't show adb as authorized apps..

In one of my tries I managed to get SuperSU to ask me to grant permission to adb, and I did. But this didn't help much as well..

I'm lost...
 
chudy_85
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 175
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: some where in europe
use this adb file. Unpack to dvire C:/ and when you do it this use this command in Cmd :

cd..
cd..

And now you have this in Cmd and write this

C:/> ( write this ) adb shell ( enter )
shell@jflte:/ $ ( write this ) su (enter ) and accept on your phone supersu

Link to Adb on Zippyshare ---> http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/73912608/file.html
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes