5,594,151 Members 46,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Plantronics Back Beat Go 2 Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy S4

Tip us?

rajeevsaraiya
Old
(Last edited by rajeevsaraiya; 19th December 2013 at 11:43 AM.) Reason: added more
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Plantronics Back Beat Go 2 Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy S4

Not sure if any one has faced similar issue. Recently i bought plantronics back beat go 2 headset to use with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT I9500). Every thing was working perfectly smooth until i start facing this weird problem. Plantronics Back Beat Go 2 pair's easily with handset but i am not able to use music control like play/pause, forward and rewind. Though volume up and volume down is working fine along with other calling features. Just to add i was able to use all the functions of this headset including music controls.

Of doubt i tried paring this headset with couple of other Samsung Galaxy S4 handset but same results. On other hand if i pair this headset with any other mobile handset, all functions works seamlessly including music control.

Tried re paring the headset and also factory reset for plantronics back beat go2 but no luck.

Need help is rectifying this issue. In case any one else faced and was able to rectify the same.

JaimeAillon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Did you found any solution? i have the same problem... =(

rajeevsaraiya
Old
(Last edited by rajeevsaraiya; 31st December 2013 at 10:57 AM.) Reason: Correction in comments
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAillon View Post
Did you found any solution? i have the same problem... =(
No Solution yet. Out of multiple tries of fixing this issue. It found it to be working on I9500XXUEMJ5_I9500ODDEMJ5_INU and I9500XXUEMJ8_I9500ODDEMJ5_INU. But with the new firmwares there is no luck. Just waiting for Samsung to fix this bug, coz these headset works fine with all other phone's, so there is no issue with headset.IT some AVRCP bug with S4 which is causing this issue.

rajeevsaraiya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsaraiya View Post
No Solution yet. Out of multiple tries of fixing this issue. It found it to be working on I9500XXUEMJ5_I9500ODDEMJ5_INU and I9500XXUEMJ8_I9500ODDEMJ5_INU. But with the new firmwares there is no luck. Just waiting for Samsung to fix this bug, coz these headset works fine with all other phone's, so there is no issue with headset.IT some AVRCP bug with S4 which is causing this issue.
More over this AVRCP issue is not limited to Plantronics Back Beat go 2, I have tested other streo bluetooth headset and same issue is persitent.

rajeevsaraiya
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I finally got this issue rectified. Did factory data reset twice and off goes the issue with AVRCP inconsistency.