Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need Help about installing a new Version of Android on my Xperia x10 mini pro

Tip us?

vegetassj2345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile I need Help about installing a new Version of Android on my Xperia x10 mini pro

Hi to All! I bought a used xperia x10 mini pro U20I ..and i saw that the Android OS is very old..just 2.1..i thought that i could update it to ICS officially but today i discovered that this update is only for the xperia mini pro (without x10!!!)

.So now i think that i should install a rom..if i can.I tried many method only to root it.,..without success (superoneclick..z4root..nothing) So i ask 2 things..

1)Where can i find a simple guide..very simple, that explain me how to root this phone and install it a custom rom?

2) Which custom Rom (An Android 2.3..or 4.0?) should i install to have a good battery life, the possibility to install new app like viber and, very important, to have a stable phone that doesnt restart randomly? (i read that this happens with some roms).

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ANSWERS!

vegetassj2345
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I Rooted the phone.So just 1 Q.Can you suggest me a Custom Rom..Stable, without bugs, that doesnt make the phone to reboot..or drains battery..and that is compatible with viber?

Thanks!

Abigail
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Use nAa 2.3.7 ROM : Here

Read the instruction with very very very carefully!
My Phone : X10 Mini (E10i), Unlock Bootloader
ROM : MiniCM10-4.1.0 by nobodyAtall

My Wife's Phone : Xperia Pro (MK16i), Unlock Bootloader
ROM : [KitKat 4.4][CM11.0] LegacyXperia by mikeioannina

palito1980
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I would like to get some more info on rooting it. I can't unlock bootloader coz my phone belongs to the group that won't allow that or it is too risky. What can I do with it? Currently I use 2.1.1.A.0.6

Pras_92
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by palito1980 View Post
I would like to get some more info on rooting it. I can't unlock bootloader coz my phone belongs to the group that won't allow that or it is too risky. What can I do with it? Currently I use 2.1.1.A.0.6
If u cant unlock your bootloader then Bpaul's MiniCM7Pro V21 is the best option...it works on the stock kernel...Only Root your phone using SuperOneClick and install ClockWorkMod Recovery....and then flash the rom
Click if I helped u

Device:
X10 MINI PRO
XPERIA X8
The Following User Says Thank You to Pras_92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]