Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC one earplugs not working

13th January 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi!
When I bought my HTC One, there was earplugs included. They worked perfectly well for a while, then I tried to root my phone and failed, it still worked for a while, but then they stopped working. I figured it had to be the updates, so yesterday I rooted my phone successfully to 4,4 with a custom rom, but earplugs still not working.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong/Seattle
Thanks Meter: 108
 
765 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatchi10

Hi!
When I bought my HTC One, there was earplugs included. They worked perfectly well for a while, then I tried to root my phone and failed, it still worked for a while, but then they stopped working. I figured it had to be the updates, so yesterday I rooted my phone successfully to 4,4 with a custom rom, but earplugs still not working.

Have anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

do other earplugs still work? i highly doubt rooting your phone would break your headphone jack
13th January 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Yeah, other headsets and earplugs work with my phone, and the HTC earplugs work with other phones and computers

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Has the warranty expired since I rooted it, it won't help to send it in to HTC?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong/Seattle
Thanks Meter: 108
 
765 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatchi10

Yeah, other headsets and earplugs work with my phone, and the HTC earplugs work with other phones and computers

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

so other headsets/earbuds work with your phone, the HTC earbuds work with other phones.

But HTC earbuds dont work in your phone?

that seems extremely odd. can't really help you. Im pretty sure warranty is voided now that youre rooted. Why not just get another headset. the stock ones blow i used it for 1 call and gave them to a coworker haha
13th January 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I bought some, but someone stole them after the first week, and I don't want to spend another $100 on new ones

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
13th January 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #7  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,196
 
6,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatchi10

I bought some, but someone stole them after the first week, and I don't want to spend another $100 on new ones

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

You don't have to spend $100. And if you want to return the phone just put it back to stock. No warranty issues. Most don't care if you give it to them on custom roms anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Alright, I will try. In Norway, quality ear buds cost at least $100

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes