Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Require Stock Recovery 4.19.728.x for HTC One X 4.2.2

Tip us?

FabMan_UK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Require Stock Recovery 4.19.728.x for HTC One X 4.2.2

Hi,

I've had help to fix up my HTC One X, but I wanted stock recovery for my phone, I require 4.19.728.x.

My phone is pretty much back to stock except the recovery.img which loads up a red triangle. I can find stock recoveries easily, just not for my particular phone.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 12th January 2014 at 09:08 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8151

DONATE TO ME
What recovery did you flash then ? A recovery with a triangle is a stock one !

You have your thread here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603596

Don't open a new one in the future when a question evolves around the same issue !

So you restored an older nand and did the update again, did i understand that correctly ?

If you did a official ota to 4.19 and you didn't touch it after that, the recovery is stock. If it wasn't then the ota would have failed !

FabMan_UK
Old
(Last edited by FabMan_UK; 13th January 2014 at 03:22 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
What recovery did you flash then ? A recovery with a triangle is a stock one !

You have your thread here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603596

Don't open a new one in the future when a question evolves around the same issue !

So you restored an older nand and did the update again, did i understand that correctly ?

If you did a official ota to 4.19 and you didn't touch it after that, the recovery is stock. If it wasn't then the ota would have failed !

Hi Mr Hofs, I restored someone else's nandroid backup as mine is corrupt and then successsfuly applied an OTA update however my screen displays an image of a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation mark when the recovery option is selected from HBOOT, I assume this shows the stock recovery I have doesn't work with the ROM.

I will avoid opening uneccesary threads in future but while the previous thread was similar my problem has changed and I thought that people would think my problem was over as someone tried to help me. I was right because you answered here and not in the other thread.

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8151

DONATE TO ME
No i answered here because this thread is the new active one. And to make sure you read this. Opening a new one is not needed, just put the correct question in the old thread is enough. The topic will be back on top again.The old one was already about restoring and recoverys.

But as i said. You performed ota. The recovery is normal and stock.

FabMan_UK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks, then I wonder why I get an image of a phone and the red triangle?

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8151

DONATE TO ME
Because it's stock recovery. A warning that you are at a point you should not be !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FabMan_UK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Because it's stock recovery. A warning that you are at a point you should not be !
Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me, despite that I've not followed the forum rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to FabMan_UK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]