Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Please help, I think I bricked my device.

OP landonh12

13th January 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Biloxi, MS
Thanks Meter: 25

84 posts
More
I tried unlocking the bootloader and it said unlocked, but when it booted back up it did the whole system update thing, and then it kept force closing the phone app. Well, I held down the power button for ~15 seconds, and now when it boots back up, it gets to the brown part of the boot animation, (farm type motorola) and goes to a black screen.

Going into the bootloader and selecting factory does the same thing.

Please help?

(US GSM 16GB version XT1034)

Flashed CWM, wiped data/cache and it got past the screen with the brown, but now it just boots to the black screen after the water drop part.
Last edited by landonh12; 13th January 2014 at 04:54 AM.
13th January 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
More
Try to restore stock firmware...look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=failed
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablitooos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Biloxi, MS
Thanks Meter: 25

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitooos

Try to restore stock firmware...look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=failed

Thank you so much. It's working. At first I flashed the XT1032 because I thought AWS was the Global version, but I flashed the correct firmware just now. Again, thanks.
13th January 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 77

282 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by landonh12

I tried unlocking the bootloader and it said unlocked, but when it booted back up it did the whole system update thing, and then it kept force closing the phone app. Well, I held down the power button for ~15 seconds, and now when it boots back up, it gets to the brown part of the boot animation, (farm type motorola) and goes to a black screen.

Going into the bootloader and selecting factory does the same thing.

Please help?

(US GSM 16GB version XT1034)

Flashed CWM, wiped data/cache and it got past the screen with the brown, but now it just boots to the black screen after the water drop part.

If you don't find a solution, you could try doing the same to about 2,000 more moto G's and build a small house..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread