D801: Can't reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery, only TWRP

OP lynnnguyen

12th January 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I have TWRP installed and CWM as well but I can only reboot in TWRP even if I flash CWM it will still reboot in TWRP

I tried rebooting in recovery by the volume up+power key but the LG logo just flashes really quick then it reboots normal.

When I try to flash the CWM image using Flashify, it just goes to the black screen and says "fastboot mode started" then I just end up rebooting.

I want to use CWM so I can install Cynogenmod 11 because it doesn't seem to work on TWRP. When I try to install the zip it just says "Error executing binary zip..."

Here's some info about my phone just in case it helps

Android 4.2.2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Build: JDQ39B
Software: LG D80110G

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by lynnnguyen; 12th January 2014 at 04:33 PM.
12th January 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnnguyen

I have TWRP installed and CWM as well but I can only reboot in TWRP even if I flash CWM it will still reboot in TWRP

I tried rebooting in recovery by the volume up+power key but the LG logo just flashes really quick then it reboots normal.

When I try to flash the CWM image using Flashify, it just goes to the black screen and says "fastboot mode started" then I just end up rebooting.

I want to use CWM so I can install Cynogenmod 11 because it doesn't seem to work on TWRP. When I try to install the zip it just says "Error executing binary zip..."

Here's some info about my phone just in case it helps

Android 4.2.2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Build: JDQ39B
Software: LG D80110G

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

If you just want to install CM 11, you can do that with the latest version of TWRP (2.6.3.5), which can be found in the CMB Rom thread for T-Mobile Development: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568732 . You should be able to flash that by putting the zip onto your phone and installing it with your current TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to flutterguy317 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterguy317

If you just want to install CM 11, you can do that with the latest version of TWRP (2.6.3.5), which can be found in the CMB Rom thread for T-Mobile Development: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568732 . You should be able to flash that by putting the zip onto your phone and installing it with your current TWRP.

I can't flash it. It goes into CWM recovery mode and says that fastboot mode started still
13th January 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 941

1,539 posts
More
Erm so now you have cwm!?
Your better off with the latest twrp anyway. Just fine the latest version for your phone. 2.6.3.2 is no good.
You can have only 1 recovery at a time.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
More
Lightbulb Solved!
I figured it out! I was flashing the zip file of the 2.6.3.2 and that's why it didn't work. I flashed the open recovery image file instead using flashify and I was able to get into TWRP recovery mode from there I installed the latest version of TWRP. At first it failed but that was because I had checked the zip verification box and "use rt formatting" or whatever in the advanced settings. Unchecked them and installed successfully finally I installed CM 11 and it's great

Thanks for the help flutterguy317!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread