5,593,876 Members 47,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom cm11 xperia v lt25i - q&a, discussion, etc..

Tip us?

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Exclamation Rom cm11 xperia v lt25i - q&a, discussion, etc..

Greetings, i open a new discussion and Q&A thread as i notice many has spam the cm11 development thread. Also as there is no other thread open for Xperia V regarding of cm11 in this section so i might just open a thread so we can discuss our problem here, and leave the development thread clean for our device maintainers.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, move to this thread to discuss problem, bug, and many others problems at here, only post to development thread if you have found a solution.

THANK YOU...
The Following User Says Thank You to davidtkf88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Does somebody encounters the lost sound after using phone for long time?

I notice my V running CM11 have this problem randomly, some time the sound just disappear, and there is no sound if somebody is calling, or message me..weird....
The Following User Says Thank You to davidtkf88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtkf88 View Post
Does somebody encounters the lost sound after using phone for long time?

I notice my V running CM11 have this problem randomly, some time the sound just disappear, and there is no sound if somebody is calling, or message me..weird....
just notice the problem, whenever i adjust my clock manually (cause i play game) the ringtone and notification will randomly go out, and reboot will bring back the sound again, the in game music/sound does not get infected..sound bug maybe??

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Using 20140107 nightlies till now, so far all is fine, except for camera, the picture taken is a little yellowish..i have change to Camera JB+, and the picture seem better compare to stock camera app

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
For those that using CM Gapps, PA Gapps, or others, you can go to( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857 ) as the Gapps provided is really up to date, and most of all, the General Package is ART Runtime compatible, at least i have no problem till now

The Credit goes to BaNkS for sharing this wonderful Gapps..

cnkhanh
Old
Thanks Meter 135
battery drains quite fast. That's the only problem for me.
Phone: Xperia SP

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkhanh View Post
battery drains quite fast. That's the only problem for me.
if compare with cm10.1 and 10.2, the battery drain problem is really much improved..i cannot go full day with cm10.1, 10.2, but in cm11 i can last till 11pm and charge when go to bed..

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
On nightlies 20140111 ART suddenly increase the random reboot, have to roll back to Dalvik also, i notice the transparency notification bar introduce since CM11 also cause random reboot, have to use other launcher ( APEX,Nova ) and disable transparency to get stable daily use..( APEX not ART compatible ) will try other setting see can get less random reboot or not

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Since i saw many talking about wifi connection on few latest nightlies, i decided to try configure my wifi setting on both router and phone, my router setting only support 2.4ghz wireless n connection max( D-Link DSL-2750e ), so i configure my phone with the same frequency..

And to my notice, the wifi connection is indeed not stable, i get a lot of disconnection whenever i go far with my router, like going up stair, no problem with my laptop, but if i set my frequency band to auto, the problem gone..

Changing security key either WEP, WPA, WPA2, i did not notice any difference, but if i choose WPA, WPA2 with combination of TKIP or AES, problem occur, my phone wifi will spend lot of time on authenticating and hard to get a connection, and if i choose auto mode, problem gone..

So to my conclusion, best setting for router is use:

Wireless Mode: 802.11n
Channel: 1-11
Authentication Type: WPA2-PSK / WPA-PSK
Encryption: AUTO

Phone wifi setting:
Leave the setting intact, with all AUTO for best performance..

davidtkf88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
After trying many other setting and apps on the 20140111 nightlies build, i found out condition that will increase changes for blue screen reboot, i test it with ART enabled, here is what i found:

- Transparency Notification Bar ( When entering app, the notification bar will become solid, and when exiting app, just after the transparency bar return, reboot occur. Use Nova launcher, close the Transparency bar setting, no random reboot again )

- Live Wallpaper ( try many live wallpaper, all the same result, increase random reboot. Use normal wallpaper the problem gone )

- Apps that access Camera ( Whenever apps want to access the camera, some time it will cause reboot )

- Set CPU ( Don't set cpu frequency for apps, as this result many random reboot, set min/max have no problem )

- Bluetooth ( use A2DP and transfer file at the same time, random reboot increase. If just listen to music, or transfer file at a time, no problem )

Well, this is what i found during my test, i notice under ART, many apps that i use always FC. The other day when i switch back to Dalvik, the apps is running fine, miss the feeling with no FCs..but app really snappy under ART, hope app dev can support more ART at future..

Also, when i use Dalvik, no matter what app i open and close, there is not a single reboot for a whole day, ART does some time have reboot, maybe this will be fixed when ART get stable..

Tags
cm11, lt25i, xperia v