Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ADB Drivers

OP AndyCr15

7th January 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 136

2,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't see any other threads, so is it just me struggling to install working ADB drivers?

The zip file I found in another thread made out like it was installed, but apparently not...

Any tips?
7th January 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 613

983 posts
More
Windows 7/8? The drivers that I posted in the dev thread should work.

If you're on Windows 8 though, you'll have to reboot in that insecure driver installation mode thing.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London, UK

2,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
Win 7 64 bit. I think I'm using the right ones, don't quite understand why it can't be seen

It shows up in Device Manager in which ever of the 3 ones I try, but when I try 'adb devices' nothing shows.
Last edited by AndyCr15; 7th January 2014 at 11:24 PM.
8th January 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 613

983 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCr15

Win 7 64 bit. I think I'm using the right ones, don't quite understand why it can't be seen

It shows up in Device Manager in which ever of the 3 ones I try, but when I try 'adb devices' nothing shows.

You try "ADB Composite Device" or something along those lines? When you run that one it should be good.

When you download the zip, you should just extract the whole thing. Then after that I find the driver manually instead of having it search the folders. Are you selecting the android_winusb.inf for the driver?

I'm on the same OS for my main desktop and I do a lot of my work with the N1 on there using those drivers. Are you using normal command prompt in the platform-tools folder? I don't use anything other than command prompt for adb, so I'm not sure about those picking it up.

Sorry if that isn't any help, but I'm not sure what would stop it from picking it up after you use those drivers.
8th January 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 405

1,292 posts
the other threads zip file works fine with my win 64. Are you going through a usb hub? That can mess it up

Sent from my N1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th January 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London, UK

2,235 posts
Donate to Me
More
No, no hub. Yep, doing all as I should. I'll try a different cable and different port though.
12th January 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Linux
ADB not working on Ubuntu 13.10. No issue with fastboot. When I do ADB devices, it doesn't return anything at all aside from "List of devices attached" with a blank space underneath.

Curiously, even after enabling USB debugging I am never given the RSA popup asking me to confirm access. I'm guessing the two are related but even after revoking previous confirmations via the Developer Menu, I still can't get it to pop up.
12th January 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 405

1,292 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybrotherischad

ADB not working on Ubuntu 13.10. No issue with fastboot. When I do ADB devices, it doesn't return anything at all aside from "List of devices attached" with a blank space underneath.

Curiously, even after enabling USB debugging I am never given the RSA popup asking me to confirm access. I'm guessing the two are related but even after revoking previous confirmations via the Developer Menu, I still can't get it to pop up.

I recently got this going on Ubuntu 12 on VIrtualBox.
I have to start the adb server as root to get it working, i.e sudo adb start-server,
before I do 'adb devices'.

Also if you use VIrtualBox don't forget to add the usb filter for adb mode too.
13th January 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChodTheWacko

I recently got this going on Ubuntu 12 on VIrtualBox.
I have to start the adb server as root to get it working, i.e sudo adb start-server,
before I do 'adb devices'.

Also if you use VIrtualBox don't forget to add the usb filter for adb mode too.

Running natively. No luck doing it as root.
Last edited by mybrotherischad; 13th January 2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Removing screenshot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread