5,595,570 Members 46,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] my s4 m919 do not accept or respond to unlock code

Tip us?

mazyland
Old
(Last edited by mazyland; 12th January 2014 at 11:48 PM.) Reason: added some details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] my s4 m919 do not accept or respond to unlock code

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum. I need a little help with my Galaxy S4 M919.

I purchased it from Craigslist new and paid $430 in September 2013 and used it full 4 months up until the owner either reported lost/stolen or didn't pay the bill (Even tho the couple promised they would not report it to t-mobile whatsoever).

So, anyway, it stopped working with simple mobile, I decided to use it with other carriers. It was on stock 4.2.2 until I did an OTA update to 4.3 (over wi-fi). After that I purchased an unlock code on eBay and was provided with 4 different codes: network, provider, subprovider and defreeze codes.

I put an unauthorized sim and phone prompted to "Network sim unlock pin" screen. I entered the Network unlock code, nothing. I tried 2 times, 3 times, still nothing. the same code prompt screen appears. I have been given a bunch of other solutions with different codes involved, but the phone is irresponsive for most of those codes.

The interesting thing, the phone did not freeze with many unsuccessful unlock code entries. What could be the issue? Could it be settings, software issues? Codes like these *7465625*638*# do not do anything, no action just remains in the dial pad.
Erase and Reset once, through phone Settings>Account> it did not help. I even did it with a code *2767*3855# , same thing. *#0011# goes until "Enter 1" step then gives errors or quits/back to dial pad.

At this point the eBay seller claims he double checked with the code supplier and he confirmed that the codes are valid, and since it did not work he would provide me with 50% refund. I ran out of options.

Anyone have the same issue? Please help.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Well if it was reported and put on blacklist it won't help to unlock it because it still won't work.. My advice for right now is to check with T-Mobile to see if it was reported stolen or something

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

epsix
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
I have the same problems enter T-Mobile unlock code. What I did was reflash. T-Mobile TW ROM and install another carrier or foreign Sim once I boot it up it'll ask for unlock code then enter it. Works perfect

Sent from my SGH-M918 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to epsix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mazyland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Well if it was reported and put on blacklist it won't help to unlock it because it still won't work.. My advice for right now is to check with T-Mobile to see if it was reported stolen or something

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I am not going to use it with t-mobile or MVNOs using tmobile towers. I will be sing it with different carriers.

mazyland
Old
(Last edited by mazyland; 14th January 2014 at 11:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any recommendations on which ROM to install, considering my galaxy is on official tmobile 4.3 firmware?