[Q] Restore and Odin issues (EMJ9)

OP khw1959

13th January 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

265 posts
More
I had a issue on Xposed module I had installed that stopped the phone from working.
Prior to making any modifications to the rom done a backup in TWRP just in-case.
Upon failure in tried to restore but in-countered this.
I would get "could not access /data/data/com.android.vending" followed by "too many files open"
This kept me from restoring the backup...and doing any wiping as wiping would also have this issue.
I tried a format data that seemed to work.
I then used Odin to reload the EMJ9 and it passed
But in it's reboot the "Note 2" wound only flash and not boot into the system. Same with trying after a battery pull. Same thing when trying to get into recovery.
Tried to Odin again but it now fails from the start. (tried other D/L's with same result)

Not sure what other options......
13th January 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khw1959

I had a issue on Xposed module I had installed that stopped the phone from working.
Prior to making any modifications to the rom done a backup in TWRP just in-case.
Upon failure in tried to restore but in-countered this.
I would get "could not access /data/data/com.android.vending" followed by "too many files open"
This kept me from restoring the backup...and doing any wiping as wiping would also have this issue.
I tried a format data that seemed to work.
I then used Odin to reload the EMJ9 and it passed
But in it's reboot the "Note 2" wound only flash and not boot into the system. Same with trying after a battery pull. Same thing when trying to get into recovery.
Tried to Odin again but it now fails from the start. (tried other D/L's with same result)

Not sure what other options......

Update. Looks like got the phone back by reinstalling the PIT file. Now to re-root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread