Fake the G as tablet

OP xxtsxx

13th January 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

88 posts
Will changing the device id in the build.prop to a tablet that has a 720p display make apps recognize a moto as a tablet? I want to be able to use this a a wifi device and it would be very convenient if I could use verizon messages to text from it as well, but it recognizes it as a phone so I can't setup it up with my real line. Any help would be greatly appreciated
13th January 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hastings
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtsxx

Will changing the device id in the build.prop to a tablet that has a 720p display make apps recognize a moto as a tablet? I want to be able to use this a a wifi device and it would be very convenient if I could use verizon messages to text from it as well, but it recognizes it as a phone so I can't setup it up with my real line. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey!

You should try this free app for your purposes: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596603

Please note you might have to upload it to google drive and install it from there to prevent parse error message.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dokee90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokee90

Hey!

You should try this free app for your purposes: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596603

Please note you might have to upload it to google drive and install it from there to prevent parse error message.

Thanks! that looks like exactly what I want it to do
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread